Diablo 120 vs 300

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
I'd love to see some input on this. Could be my last piece of audio gear that I will buy.

Low325

May 2, 2021
I wish i could do an A/B comparo between the two - but find the Diablo 120 pretty special in my system. Really like the presentation with the density and richness.

vsrrr

Sep 21, 2022
NYC
Just reading through the Gryphon threads here as I bought a Gryphon Diablo 300 2 months ago.
I actually had the opportunity to A/B the 300 and the 120, and to be honest. I only noticed very small differences.
If your speakers don't need the extra power, I would HIGHLY recommend the 120 and I think most everyone would get WAY more bang for their buck by spending the extra money on other system components.

Reactions: kastor77

Hasse

Jan 11, 2016
I attended a Gryphon demo in Stockholm yesterday. Rune Skov (global sales director and CEO of the American division of Gryphon Audio…and a very nice guy ) explained that the Antileon (which was mainly used in the demo) has a more mellow sound than the other Gryphon amps and is not the most neutral, but of course a great sounding amp. ”A brand within the brand”
The 120 vs 300 subject also came up and he mentioned that the 120 is more towards the Antileon’s sound; more laid back and mellow sounding compared to the neutral, very accurate sound of the Diablo 300 and the other Gryphon amps, ”Shit in. Shit out” He said The 300 can drive any speaker out there while the 120 could be a good match for some speakers If you prefer that kind of more laid back mellow sound. He added that the difference is very small ?? 0BFAA9F2-170C-48D7-911F-FBE1D84F590D.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron Resnick

Hasse

Jan 11, 2016
Hi , yes it is
I have a 120,
Can anyone suggest which AES/EBU interconnector and speaker cable is good to use ?
Rune Skov mentioned that actively shielded speaker cables is a big no-no with the Gryphon amps. Can cause oscillation!

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Interested in this. What is an actively shielded speaker?

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Thx

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing