Dialing in my Alexia V loudspeakers, a video with Peter McGrath

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Francisco, did you learn anything from the video? What was the purpose of the video if not to explain the set up procedure for the new Alexia V speaker? I see it in this very thread title.

Peter, this is mainly a video explaining the "why's", not the "how to do", focused on the new Alexia. It is part of a communication strategy of Wilson Audio, following a line of articulation that started a long time ago.

If it’s been done many many times in the past and everyone knows it, why was this video even made? Do you not think the video would have been more interesting if it utilized some of the suggestions I made in my post?

As Lee explained, there will be another video focused on some set up aspects. This video is interesting enough to be a stand alone video. I can understand however that someone that does not know about the man and the brand finds it disappointing.

Could you please share a link to a video where Peter McGrath records a system and then uses the WASP procedure to improve the sound and then records it again? Why not show just one image of the speakers in place in the room context about which he is basing his video? It seems like a huge missed opportunity to make something that is interesting to watch.

Sorry Peter, I will not loose my time and pollute this thread discussing our different opinions about the abusive use of Youtube videos in the high-end. BTW, simple use of google with the words "WASP" and "Wison Audio" will return you many articles on WASP .

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Francisco, did you learn anything from the video? What was the purpose of the video if not to explain the set up procedure for the new Alexia V speaker? I see it in this very thread title.

If it’s been done many many times in the past and everyone knows it, why was this video even made? Do you not think the video would have been more interesting if it utilized some of the suggestions I made in my post?

Could you please share a link to a video where Peter McGrath records a system and then uses the WASP procedure to improve the sound and then records it again? Why not show just one image of the speakers in place in the room context about which he is basing his video? It seems like a huge missed opportunity to make something that is interesting to watch.
Thanks Peter for your feedback. We did not intend for it to be a super detailed how-to on the WASP. We wanted to give more of an overview of what Peter or a Wilson Audio dealer would do as part of setup and also cover the basics of the uncreating of the modules and assembly.

Based on this and other feedback, we will have in my Alexia V video review more shots of the speaker placement in the room and the associated gear.

If you want to see a more detailed video on the WASP, this is one they have done where Dave talks and Daryl demonstrates...

Blackfield2023

Feb 10, 2023
Hi,

Does anyone know Lee's listening room size?

I currently own SabrinaX and thinking to upgrade to either Sasha DAW or Alexia 2.

My listening room size is 12' by 15' and currently SabrinaX is on the 12' side, they are 8' apart and my listening position is about 9' away from the speakers.

I am wondering if Alexia 2/V will be too big for my room.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Hi,

Does anyone know Lee's listening room size?

I currently own SabrinaX and thinking to upgrade to either Sasha DAW or Alexia 2.

My listening room size is 12' by 15' and currently SabrinaX is on the 12' side, they are 8' apart and my listening position is about 9' away from the speakers.

I am wondering if Alexia 2/V will be too big for my room.

I do. ;)

My room is 15 feet wide by 20 feet deep with a 10.5 feet tall ceiling.

Blackfield2023

Feb 10, 2023
I do. ;)

My room is 15 feet wide by 20 feet deep with a 10.5 feet tall ceiling.

I was hoping you would reply, thank you Lee.

From the video, I thought the width of your room would be shorter, perhaps, it's due to all the vinyls on side and back of your walls.

I look forward for your Alexia V review, it has been a while - do you know which month it will be out?

In your estimation, do you think Alexia V would be too big for 12 feet wide by 16 feet deep and 12 feet tall ceiling?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing