Diatone P610 and its current chinese clones, anybody ever tried them?

Mister E

Mar 29, 2021
Being a broke teenager I've gone around listening to YouTube Demos to find the best bang for the buck. Sometimes it hurts to hear the GT Audio Works and the WE System, both being the most natural sounding to my ears- yet fetching a higher price that what I would get for selling myself through the Dark Web.

Though there's a particular driver that's struck my ears to, when well-implemented, sounding as natural- if not having the grand scale, as both aforementioned systems (one being a room-sized horn speaker system, the other bearing two 3-foot fullrange planar drivers seemingly ran in series and flanked by a 6-foot ribbon and multiple pairs of H-Cab-clad 12" servo subwoofers in a tower)

This speaker is the Diatone P610

Check for yourself, isn't that tone lifelike?

Of course, they sound small, being 6.5".

Yet they produce a larger version.

They seem to be fickicky regarding cabinetry (sounding shrill if they are not implementated well), and may get crowded when trying to play complex passages with deep bass. But otherwise gaining a ribbon-like quality when well implemented.

Demos do not convey everything though. So I wonder, has anybody here tried them before? Are there any major downsides? Or are they perhaps a diamond in the rough?

djsina2

May 30, 2019
I received my Audio Tekne SP-8616-3.5C a couple weeks ago, which use the P-610MA (16 ohm, alnico, leather surrounds). These are tweaked a bit and in insane full carbon stands/cabinets that weigh 286lbs. The sound is glorious. Yes, they don’t play deep but what they do play is magical. I don’t know how they would sound in stock form in typical wooden cabinets.

Reactions: zerostargeneral

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Being a broke teenager I've gone around listening to YouTube Demos to find the best bang for the buck. Sometimes it hurts to hear the GT Audio Works and the WE System, both being the most natural sounding to my ears- yet fetching a higher price that what I would get for selling myself through the Dark Web.

Though there's a particular driver that's struck my ears to, when well-implemented, sounding as natural- if not having the grand scale, as both aforementioned systems (one being a room-sized horn speaker system, the other bearing two 3-foot fullrange planar drivers seemingly ran in series and flanked by a 6-foot ribbon and multiple pairs of H-Cab-clad 12" servo subwoofers in a tower)

This speaker is the Diatone P610

Check for yourself, isn't that tone lifelike?

Of course, they sound small, being 6.5".

Yet they produce a larger version.

They seem to be fickicky regarding cabinetry (sounding shrill if they are not implementated well), and may get crowded when trying to play complex passages with deep bass. But otherwise gaining a ribbon-like quality when well implemented.

Demos do not convey everything though. So I wonder, has anybody here tried them before? Are there any major downsides? Or are they perhaps a diamond in the rough?
Very nice speakers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing