Did anybody hear the New LYRA Atlas at the CES Show, and..........

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
what did you think of it. What was the set up and tone arm used......

Would like to hear some feedback from the Audioquest room.

Myles, did you get a chance to get to the room?

http://www.lyraconnoisseur.com/

Thanks
Neville

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
hi
any idea about price lvl on the new Atlas compared to the Titan "i" ?
do you yourself use the Titan "i" and if so; with the erodion x-former?
best
Leif

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The Atlas wasn't playing in any of the rooms to my knowledge though could have missed it. As I understand, there were only four sent to the US distributor, with one earmarked for a reviewer. One went to the AQ importer and the others were used for promotional material. What I can say is that the importer told me that the new Atlas really outclassed his Titan i. I have one on order but these cartridges are extremely hard to manufacture and take longer to build than say a Titan. So I expect to see mine in a couple of months but I keep on hoping :)

I'm not liking you right now Mr. Astor. Grrrr.

Don't forget to tell Jonathan, two for the Philippines please! :)

dafos

Sep 17, 2010
The trade in pricing policy is kinda confusing.....can anyone clarfy it for me?

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
The trade in pricing policy is kinda confusing.....can anyone clarfy it for me?

I got this from Lyra/Audioquest website so best to contact them.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Michael Fremer is the reviewer that has the Atlas in his system.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
The Atlas wasn't playing in any of the rooms to my knowledge though could have missed it. As I understand, there were only four sent to the US distributor, with one earmarked for a reviewer. One went to the AQ importer and the others were used for promotional material. What I can say is that the importer told me that the new Atlas really outclassed his Titan i. I have one on order but these cartridges are extremely hard to manufacture and take longer to build than say a Titan. So I expect to see mine in a couple of months but I keep on hoping :)

I may have mine next week :)

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Guess you have more pull ;)

ah ha, I wish Myles;) I am getting the one and only Aussie Atlas - There would be a bit more of a backlog in the US :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing