Digital January issue of Absolute Sound

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Seems like they've moved to a different platform. I got the link to download the new issue, but my credentials from the previous platform do not work on the new one, and I don't see any further instructions.

mtakeda

Apr 11, 2018
I renewed my subscription through next November at the site called The News Stand. Are they out of business?

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I just subscribed to the print edition after buying off the newstand for many years. Barnes & Noble is carrying fewer audio magazines these days and is often slow to put them out. I tried the digital version for a while but they were having software issues. I think that is being fixed, however.

Down Under

Jun 26, 2014
Correct.
The first day was very difficult to navigate,but it has been improving daily.

WDW

May 24, 2011
BC, Canada
Anyone had any success receiving/downloading the January digital issue? I have emailed them but haven't received any response.

Gerbie1990

Nov 29, 2018
I finally download their latest January issue from their new website. I was having a few issues but their customer service is very helpful and sorted things out after a few emails. If you are currently digital subscribers, you should receive an email from them and asked you to create a new profile on their new web site, the old NewsStand won't work anymore. But after you created the new login, check your current subscription, mine was showing expired, and I had to send a screenshot from the NewsStand to Customer Service to update the information. Now I am back to normal.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Interesting... I received that email, and it has a link to their new site. Nowhere in it there's an option to create a new profile.
And Customer Service? Didn't see that either. Do you have an email for that?

Thanks,
Alex

Gerbie1990

Nov 29, 2018
unfortunately I just deleted all the emails, but you can reply to their email and the CS will response within 24 hours. I remembered I had to input an area code and starting from there. I just need to create a new password.

Halcro

Dec 25, 2012
They are a disaster.
The Link wouln’t accept my Email address as a Subscriber (even though they SENT me the new advice to that Email address)....and they haven’t responded to my Email complaining about this...nor does Customer Service at TAS bother to answer separate Emails to them!
They owe me new editions in my subscription. I think I’ll open a PayPal dispute against them to get my payment back...
Their Magazine stinks anyway.....
I won’t renew....

WDW

May 24, 2011
BC, Canada
They are a disaster.
The Link wouln’t accept my Email address as a Subscriber (even though they SENT me the new advice to that Email address)....and they haven’t responded to my Email complaining about this...nor does Customer Service at TAS bother to answer separate Emails to them!
They owe me new editions in my subscription. I think I’ll open a PayPal dispute against them to get my payment back...
Their Magazine stinks anyway.....
I won’t renew....
Called through on the toll-free number shown at the bottom of the page linked by Gerbie1990 and spoke with someone who was completely unaware of this issue. She couldn't locate any information concerning my account but agreed to send a link with login info...link worked but the login info didn't.
From their main web page, their link to digital subscription services now links to a blank page. This just happened today as it used to link to TAS Newsstand until today. Something is up.

Last edited:

mtakeda

Apr 11, 2018
What a poor treatment to their sources of income. I wonder if Robert Haley is aware of causing this much trouble and ignoring subscribers. It is hard to understand. They made me stop reading the magazine and I will not read it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing