DIY Tube amps .

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I found this second hand ad . on the net.

• Mono amp,s zelfbouw. Prijs verlaging.

70 watts triode via an exotic large tube with seperate power supply
I see these on the net once in a while , these are dutch DIY , i wonder how such would sound .
Its a bit far from brussels otherwise i d go and hear it , stunning amps .

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
I found this second hand ad . on the net.

70 watts triode via an exotic large tube with seperate power supply
I see these on the net once in a while , these are dutch DIY , i wonder how such would sound .
Its a bit far from brussels otherwise i d go and hear it , stunning amps .

As a part-time DIYer, I want to point out a few things about DIY products:
1. DIY is usually not repeatable. There usually is a big variation between each piece of the amplifier due to parts variation.
2. It looks very nice, that is true, but naked transformers can be dangerous. Also, anode caps don't look too solid.
3. DIY can have an amazing value for money, but it is very hard to get your investment back. It loses value extremely fast.

But if it hits your spot it can be a good choice.

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Big triode power. Wonder what OPT they used? Pretty cheap really for a high voltage amp like that. Of course *if* it sounds good :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing