DLNA Server and UDP-203: Navigation Changed and became too complex

Mark (Basspig) Weiss

Aug 3, 2010
New Milford, CT
www.basspig.com
When I first set up my UDP-203 in April, and a DLNA server on one of the Linksys 3200ACM routers, navigating to "network" menu was simple and easy. I'd select Network and then my DLNA server would show up as a yellow penguin icon. I'd click that, and it'd got to the Media drive and I'd only have to navigate to /VIDEOS to see my videos.

Something changed about a month later, despite my not touching the configuration where now I select Network, but there is no Penguin icon. I have to hunt for "Nausicaa" (name of the DLNA server) and then when I select that, I get "music" "photos" and "videos". I have to select "videos" and then I have to select again from several devices on the network, then "media" then the "videos" folder on that media.

Needless to say, this takes the level of complexity up a few notches. I much preferred the way it was for the first month of ownership. I'd like to find out what changed and a way to change it back, bu the Oppo has no options for how to display DLNA sources, and I can find nothing on my router's media DLNA server menu that could fix this. What happened here, and why has the icon been replaced with text labels and a much more convoluted path structure?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing