Documentary Heaven (Food for your Brain)

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
I liked 'the story of Maths' on Netflix

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
? THE GYPSY KINGS- KINGS OF THE WORLD

"Kings of the World is an intimate musical portrait of a reclusive gipsy community in the South of France, which has produced world-famous musicians, yet remains largely unknown to the outside world. The film tells the story of three families, linked through ties of blood and music: the Reyes, famous as the Gipsy Kings, the Balliardo – descendants of Manitas de Plata, and their cousins the Regis, reclusive adepts of flamenco puro. Through cinematic imagery, poetic narrative, intimate musical performances and moving glimpses of day to day life, we learn to understand the mindset of these unique people, to whom fame and fortune have no value, and little matters but music and family. Shot in 4K and featuring over 20 musical performances, the film is a rare treat for anyone who likes flamenco guitar or the Gipsy Kings."

Last edited:

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
? http://documentaryheaven.com/

A friend of mine, film/documentary connoisseur and artist, told me about this online DocHeaven last Monday.
They have thousands of great documentaries and they're all free.

You can browse your favorite subjects...Science, Space, Cultures, Sociology, Medicine, Music, Biology, Earth, Humanity, Wildlife, Politics, Religion, Sex, ...all everything.
If you watch one (or more), you can share your impression/experience right here. For example you watched a documentary about the Internet, or about Global Warming, or about Spies, and you can say that it was very good. Then other members and guests might be very tempted to watch too.

It's a fantastic free resource to explore the world and beyond, and to gain extended knowledge on all things.
I have already browse some and I want to watch them all...thousands and thousands of them.
Many I have already seen on DVD and Blu-ray, some of the best.

I didn't know that such a great site existed. Not all of them are there yet, the latest great documentaries...some are hard to get by for various reasons, but with time they'll be included too. It's just the way our world should work when in search for intellectual advancement and knowledge.

I highly recommend that you take a look. This is the best tip today, and tomorrow.
It's been some time since you posted it, but looked at it and many of the topics are still relevant. New documentaries are uploaded regularly. Thanks a lot for that. Do you have any you'd particularly recommend?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing