Does anyone float their branch circuit ground to a non bonded ground rod

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Is this an assumption from reading forum threads or have you been involved in tested multiple systems with poor grounds that have been improved upon and now have a very low resistance high performance ground? (...)

Mostly by long experience with XLR equipment from sellers such as VTL, Audio Research or Atmasphere, and experience with SE electronics, such as Lamm or conrad johnson. I found that quality of ground affects - or even not using it - affects very little the balanced brands I referred,
but was discernible in the non balanced systems.

Technically, connection to ground only affects safety in properly designed and connected equipment. But we know that properly designed and connected equipment is something that is almost non existent in high-end audiophile systems ... :)

My listening room has a decent ground connection - when I wanted to emulate a poor one I just added a 22 or 47 ohm resistor in series.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Mostly by long experience with XLR equipment from sellers such as VTL, Audio Research or Atmasphere, and experience with SE electronics, such as Lamm or conrad johnson. I found that quality of ground affects - or even not using it - affects very little the balanced brands I referred,
but was discernible in the non balanced systems.

Technically, connection to ground only affects safety in properly designed and connected equipment. But we know that properly designed and connected equipment is something that is almost non existent in high-end audiophile systems ... :)

My listening room has a decent ground connection - when I wanted to emulate a poor one I just added a 22 or 47 ohm resistor in series.
Very interesting. Thank you for clarifying.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
It sounds kind of Mickey Mouse but apparently it really works. After this was installed the measured resistance to ground was surprisingly low.
The low resistance you measured has to do with the chemical rods you installed not GEM, the function of GEM is keeping moisture in the ground encasing the rod.

david

Reactions: Alrainbow

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
okay!

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I'm kind of glad no one replied.
This is funny it has taken what 3 years to ask what I said is needed lol.
rex don’t ask and even more don’t care. Someone who makes a power cord with moon dust is an expert. Wonder what that makes you. Or I lisc professionals. Think about that

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Ron there is no absolute measurement but Your thought process is correct
Al, Do you know what they are talking about when they refer to chemical rods????? That is a new one to me.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
This is funny it has taken what 3 years to ask what I said is needed lol.
rex don’t ask and even more don’t care. Someone who makes a power cord with moon dust is an expert. Wonder what that makes you. Or I lisc professionals. Think about that
I only asked because I figured I could create a safety device and maybe save someones life. Or there kids life. But I think no one really cares, as long as they think they are doing best by their audio rack to get better sound.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing