Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
Reactions: NorthStar

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Thanks for the contribution. Most members here are much more wealthy than those on my audiocircle forum and yet I have so many more contributions from those folks. Go figure.
You're not the only vehicle out there for this, people who want to help have plenty of other options you have no idea what people are doing on their own. It's not fair to put people down just because they're not getting on board with you.

david

Reactions: bazelio and djsina2

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
I have gotten $740 in donations so far. Thank you everyone.

Most of the masks I am purchasing for $4 each I believe and there are 640 of them coming according to the supplier. I already have 20 that I got on ebay for $14.66 each before they shut-down sales of these. (The Chinese are asking $20 each right now.)

I will not be billed for the 640 masks until I receive them, and he says he may lower the price from $4 each.

I have spent $211.34 on gowns and goggles so far, but I need to get more.

The expected total for the 1860 and 1860S masks is $2853.00.

Together I expect to spend $3064.34 for respirators, gowns and goggles so far. The express shipping for these will probably be in the $300 range.

This is only the first shipment. More gowns and goggles will be later.

Steve N.

Last edited:

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
First PPE arrived.
IMG_9552.JPG

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
All of the PPE for the first shipment has arrived. 500 respirators, 2 large Dupont suits and 1 3X large Dupont suit, and my first try at a sealed goggle.

first PPE shipments to NYC.JPG

Packing it into 2 boxes, one headed for Elmhurst and have not decided on the other one yet, maybe Mount Sinai Beth Israel. Mt. Sinai has 800 beds at least in Manhattan and they are hurting for PPE. On the news last night. I'll talk to Cuomo's folks to see where the need is greatest.

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
I have been offered another 500 respirators, but my PayPal account is tapped-out. I plan to spend any money that the Feds send my way for CIVOD relief, but nothing has come yet.

I could use more donations. Even $20 helps. Buys one bunny suit or 5 respirators.

First shipment to Elmhurst hospital shipping today express.

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
Thanks to all who donated. Second shipment went out today to Lenox Hill. Had a hard time contacting the other hospitals, but still trying. I plan to do one or two more shipments because they are short on protective suits and I have a bunch coming. Some arrived today. Also, I am getting 4 more cases of small respirators and one case of regular respirators in the next week.

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
I decided to get more masks and suits and do 4 hospitals, two in Manhattan, one in Queens and one in Brooklyn.

The PPE arrived today at Elmhurst in Queens and Lenox Hill in Manhattan.

I'm over $5K into this now, with $1K in donations. I have to quit now before it breaks the bank.

Thanks again to all who did paypal to nugent@empiricalaudio.com. More donations would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
Second group of PPE is here.

600 respirators, 27 suits and one box of medium gloves. Split between Maimonides, Mount Sinai and Lenox Hill, all in NYC.
IMG_9625.JPG

Reactions: NorthStar

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing