Don't Look Up

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

DON’T LOOK UP | Official Teaser Trailer | Netflix

DON'T LOOK UP | Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence | Official Trailer | Netflix

we watched this yesterday as the cast is really a who's who.

A bit long at 140 minutes but a good way to sit down with some popcorn and watch with your wife.

Ratings are brutal
58% on MRQE.com
55% on Rotten Tomatoes

Having said that and not expecting much it was an enjoyable film. A Netflix original so it might indeed garner Leo and JenLaw some nominations. I won't give anything away other than to say there is a comet approaching earth discovered by Lawrence as a phd candidate. It is due to impact the earth with virtually 100% certainty. The movie involves how Leo and Lawrence get the word out to the world who doesn't really take notice

The theme of the movie is apocalyptic yet the tongue in cheek humor of the entire cast was fun. Only role I wasn't crazy about was Meryl Streep as POTUS. Her acting is always great but I didn't like her hairdo. It irritated me however it was meant to look slutty as that is what she was.Jonah Hill never ceases to amaze that he continues to get great roles and has been in 3 with Leo IIRC..

Worth an afternoon watch. Good from far but far from good :confused:

zerostargeneral

Apr 14, 2018
Personally I thought the performances, script and cinematography were superb,

Metaphorically defined by contextual irony that Dickens or Swift would laud.

The punitive gink of the hooded passengers paid beautiful homage to the "Sweet smell of success" without the triteness of

"Network".

The sixties font nodded with eloquence above the unwashed polloi that frequent most auditoria.

Bravo McKay.

Kindest regards,G.

Steve Williams

I forgot to mention that you should keep watching the rolling credits in which Leo has openly said he felt uncomfortable with the appearance of watching a nude Meryl Streep cavorting with all the other naked people even though it was a Body Double who did the scene

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Steve! Spoilers!

Steve Williams

Steve! Spoilers!
No spoilers Marc. It’s been reported in virtually every movie review I’ve read about it Because Leo was uncomfortable with the thought. Must have ruined his morning coffee as well

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
And Leo has seen more than most mortal men.

Blackmorec

Feb 1, 2019
The characters were a real stretch in terms of believability. Only worked because we’re in the post-Donald era in the middle of a pandemic……with our reality getting well and truly bent.
Believable? Hey, why the hell not?

Nakor

May 14, 2011
No spoilers Marc. It’s been reported in virtually every movie review I’ve read about it Because Leo was uncomfortable with the thought. Must have ruined his morning coffee as well
That's what he gets for dating supermodels...

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Well, the poor fellow is slowing down a bit now.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing