Dune (2020) / Directed by Denis Villeneuve ... Starring Timothee Chalamet

defride

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2013
one of the best series I have seen on TV. I have to tell you that my wife loved it and she is my barometer for what I watch. If she can handle (and love) it, you can too ;)

Didn't see my wife thinking much of it, part of the reason I stayed away. Guess it'll be streaming somewhere from series one, if I can drag myself out from in front of the music I'll give it another shot.

Just saw the movie and kinda agree with your girls as far as pace goes. I read the book many years ago and loved it. The story is so intricate that i wonder how any screen writer can make a visual engaging and yet stay in the time line. It was beautifully shot but lacked something, i was hoping for a LOTRings product.

I thought it had that LOTR sort of scale, different type of story of course but I enjoyed the way it played out. Despite the story being a distant memory it was fairly obvious where things were going without unveiling how they'd get there. Perhaps it's a very different experience for those more familiar with the books. One of those films that may benefit from a second visit, sounds like there'll be plenty of time for that before the next one..!

Reactions: HughP3

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing