Echole AC/IC cables - initial findings

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi Lloyd,

The "mighty" Arrakis are doing very well - they thank you for asking (as do I).

I am almost all Echole Omnia cabling now. I am just in the process of adding the Echole Omnia power cords to all 4 of my VTL Siegfried mono block amps as well as the external Arrakis crossover. I use Echole Signature power cords on my new TotalDAC D1-Twelve digital front end. All of the rest of my power cords, IC's and speaker cables are Echole Omnia.

I so so happy that you are enjoying the PAD 25th Anniversary power cord.

Arnie

Remarkable to hear how your system has continued to leap forward even in the last 12 months...great stuff. Enjoy!

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I never thought I would get an AC cable of this caliber/price - but I ended up giving away a quite nice watch from my box to keep it - the system just jumped three more levels!!! Thanks for the insight Lloyd/Arnie!

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Arnie - I placed the signature from the AC outlet to yhe QB8 bar as per dealer recommendation, and the two passions one for the external PSU of the preamp and the other to the amp, what do you think of this distribution? Lloyd?

arnies

May 10, 2010
Austin, TX
Arnie - I placed the signature from the AC outlet to yhe QB8 bar as per dealer recommendation, and the two passions one for the external PSU of the preamp and the other to the amp, what do you think of this distribution? Lloyd?

Hi Flez,

One thing that i have learned with power cords is that you never know how well any particular power cord will perform with any given component until you try it. So, I think the configuration that you have now is definitely a logical way to start. I would do some good listening with that configuration until you are sure you know how it sounds and then then I would suggest trying the Signature power cord from the QB8 to your preamp power supply and use a Passion power cord from the wall outlet to the QB8. I don't know that this will sound any better, worse or the same, but its probably worthwhile giving it a try and see what learn what you hear.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Its a funny thing...i have not always found that 'my uninformed logic' prevails...put the best cable at the wall going into the power conditioner. I admit, i have tended to do it...but my current 25th Ann Contego goes from power conditioner straight into CJ, and its great there...and i suspect therefore it is not entirely about best cable from the original source...but rather there is matching of cable to component as well.

For example, bar none, the best cable for my Zanden DAC is the several-year-old PAD Dominus Rev B. No idea why.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I tried the Signature to the DAC and sounded the same that with the Passion - a friend says that is because my DAC (AN) has transformers in the output circuit! Go figure!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I tried the Signature to the DAC and sounded the same that with the Passion - a friend says that is because my DAC (AN) has transformers in the output circuit! Go figure!

Perhaps then your Signature is in the ideal spot. Do you run your amps straight into wall? Did you try straight into preamp? Those are the only 2 other spots i could think of.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Perhaps then your Signature is in the ideal spot. Do you run your amps straight into wall? Did you try straight into preamp? Those are the only 2 other spots i could think of.

I can´t run direct to the wall, way too far! - I have MIT AC digital AC outlets there to "clean" the signal a bit.
When you say direct to the preamp you mean direct from the AC outlet without going thru the QB8?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I can´t run direct to the wall, way too far! - I have MIT AC digital AC outlets there to "clean" the signal a bit.
When you say direct to the preamp you mean direct from the AC outlet without going thru the QB8?

I am the same...what i meant by 'direct' was to try the best power cable you've got going directly into your preamp from wherever it normally comes from (power conditioner, wall, etc)...as opposed to the best power cable going from wall to power conditioner and 'middle level power cable' going from power conditioner to your preamp.

Twist

Mar 9, 2015
Russia
Greetings to all ! Today I was registered on the forum . But I want to say that I too use cables Echole Signature and Omnia and very satisfied . Echole I've come a long way and listened to a lot of other brands . Now I think that Echole best cables in the world . Over time, I want to switch completely to Omnia.

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Greetings to all ! Today I was registered on the forum . But I want to say that I too use cables Echole Signature and Omnia and very satisfied . Echole I've come a long way and listened to a lot of other brands . Now I think that Echole best cables in the world . Over time, I want to switch completely to Omnia.

Good for you!

What can you tell us about your system and journey?

Twist

Mar 9, 2015
Russia
I've been working musician 30 years . A cable I got sick in a good way 9 years ago . I listened to a simple cable Atlas and thought then that's enough . but then took the test network cable Van Den Hul Mainsstream and was very surprised that the sound has changed . I thought that I had something with the head but in the end it was my first step towards disease cables . then a lot of brands Cardas. Argento. NBS. Kubala sosna. Nordost. and many more. until I met with Echole / EcholeI liked it once was Obsession then Signature ( in a higher level of sound and finally Omnia me enthralled . lost in the sound of the whole synthetic instruments sound natural as if' re in a concert hall . but for me it is very important that the instruments sounded natural because I am a musician and I commend this much value . the cables Omnia and Signature I can tell what instrument plays a musician that I listen to . Finally I stopped hurting cables I became calmer life and enjoy the music I listen to . Now my way to harness the full Omnia.

Reactions: CKKeung

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I've been working musician 30 years . A cable I got sick in a good way 9 years ago . I listened to a simple cable Atlas and thought then that's enough . but then took the test network cable Van Den Hul Mainsstream and was very surprised that the sound has changed . I thought that I had something with the head but in the end it was my first step towards disease cables . then a lot of brands Cardas. Argento. NBS. Kubala sosna. Nordost. and many more. until I met with Echole / EcholeI liked it once was Obsession then Signature ( in a higher level of sound and finally Omnia me enthralled . lost in the sound of the whole synthetic instruments sound natural as if' re in a concert hall . but for me it is very important that the instruments sounded natural because I am a musician and I commend this much value . the cables Omnia and Signature I can tell what instrument plays a musician that I listen to . Finally I stopped hurting cables I became calmer life and enjoy the music I listen to . Now my way to harness the full Omnia.

I am always intrigued by musicians' views of music...another member here is a professional violinist i believe. If i may ask, what system do you own/listen to? Of if you do not wish to discuss your personal system which i can respect...what systems/equipment do you enjoy listening to?

Twist

Mar 9, 2015
Russia
Hi! I had a lot of systems . were expensive Electrocompaniet . But now I use a modest system Luxman L100 + Electrocompaniet EMC1 + Nola Boxer . Cables Power Omnia + Signature RCA +Speaker Signature. From the former system remained several cables Echole Signature and Tripoint Thais - I'll sell them and move on Omnia. I did a comparison of expensive systems with other cables and my system now with Echole ( My more modest system sounded better ) so I decided to finish ahead with Cables. As a musician, I play the drums

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi! I had a lot of systems . were expensive Electrocompaniet . But now I use a modest system Luxman L100 + Electrocompaniet EMC1 + Nola Boxer . Cables Power Omnia + Signature RCA +Speaker Signature. From the former system remained several cables Echole Signature and Tripoint Thais - I'll sell them and move on Omnia. I did a comparison of expensive systems with other cables and my system now with Echole ( My more modest system sounded better ) so I decided to finish ahead with Cables. As a musician, I play the drums

Fantastic...thanks...hardly a modest system! Enjoy and thanks for the insights.

Twist

Mar 9, 2015
Russia
I have not forgotten . And I do not buy them in the near future ( but the goal is ) in this life is not all good cheap . my tool ( DW Drums too expensive but I bought them for life and enjoy the sound although he could buy a cheaper tool . hard to buy the cable from the ground up.. but I'm going to gradually sell the initial and on going . Obsession - Signature- Omnia . Although network Omnia much change and enough rest Signature ( if you do not spend more money

Twist

Mar 9, 2015
Russia
Fantastic...thanks...hardly a modest system! Enjoy and thanks for the insights.
Hi! I understand you . Electrocompaniet amplifier 5 instead of the test was Luxman L100. If Bart in the test Electrocompaniet W180 or W400 . then the result will be in favor of the Electrocompaniet

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I have been slowly moving from Passion and Obsession to Signature, phono cable and power cords, this cables are just in another league!

I am retiring my Siltech investment for Echole, same signature but higher up in performance.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing