Echole AC/IC cables - initial findings

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Has anyone compared Echole Obsession signature to Tara Labs Cobalt, Ansuz, or Siltech Ruby Double Crown? Feel free to PM if required.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Just bought an Echole Obsession Signature PHONO cable!!! just incredible! my Avid is performing at its best.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
congrats!

Twist

Mar 9, 2015
Russia
Hi! Signature very good cable. Note that in the future . now released Orius ( it is between Signature and Omnia ) This stunning cable

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Hi! Signature very good cable. Note that in the future . now released Orius ( it is between Signature and Omnia ) This stunning cable

Yeap, actually I will have an Orius for audition next weekend - the Omnia blowed my mind but out of my reach by now!

JayT

Oct 10, 2017
Since this is where I first heard of Echole cables, I felt it was only fair to give a mini-review in the same forum.

I was looking for suggestions for a power cord for my CH Precision DAC, when someone suggested that I take a look at Echole.

In all honesty, I did not know much about Echole cables, other than knowing they work with brands which I am quite familiar with (Total DAC) or brands that I really like the sound of (Absolare). Google did not provide me with much more information, other than the odd forum post here and there.

I decided the best way for me to go forward was to email Echole directly, since there was no dealer in Singapore. Kerem, the owner, responded and soon after a Echole Limited Edition Power Cable was on it's way to me for a trial.

I did not expect much from this cable, but was pleasantly surprised by how close it came to another cable I had on trial at that point of time (at a higher price point). I guess I should not be too surprised, since there were some similarity in their base materials. It's main strength to me was it's Pace, Rhythm and Timing,or "PRaT", as most of us would know it. For example, listening to the track 'Alaska' by Maggie Rogers, was quite an experience. The bass response was tighter than most cables which I had tried before, and the entire flow of the track was, simply put, very enjoyable and natural. Guitar tracks were also a pleasant surprise, with each strum of the string clearer than anything I have heard before.

If I really had to nitpick, I did find some tracks to sound a little congested. I told Kerem the same, and he told me that he had recently had a new model with NCF plugs, known as the Infinity, which might address some of my concerns. Once again, he was very kind to send the cable over, together with a pair of Omnia interconnects.

This time I brought it over to a friend's place,for a little listening session. The cable was plugged into a Chord Dave. Now, there was something truly special with the Infinity.The same strengths remained, together with very good separation of the different layers of the music, such as between the various instruments and vocals. Another friend of mine commented that what he liked most was the shading that the cable seemed to provide to the music. By shading, it meant that the little intricate details, especially for instruments, was very evident once the cable was plugged in.I believe that this can also be attributed to the effect of a longer decay and "air" for the various instruments. Soundstage was also distinctly deeper.

Once again, the word that came to my mind was "natural". While it might sound silly, the best way I can explain it will be that the guitar actually sounded like a guitar, and the piano actually sounded like a piano. Basically, it does not sound like it was off a recording, and it was no surprise that live tracks were especially enjoyable with this cable, with one almost feeling like the artiste was performing in front of you, such was the effect of the cable on the presentation of the track.

I will comment on the Omnia interconnect in a separate post, but for anyone interested in finding out more about the cables, please do give Kerem an email at info@echole.com.

I am in no way affiliated to Echole, other than being a fan, and now, most probably an owner of the Infinity power cable.

Kerem has been very patient with answering any questions that I have on the cables and I am sure he will be the best person to answer any queries anyone might have on them.

Once again, special thanks to Kerem for the loan of these cables!

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Since this is where I first heard of Echole cables, I felt it was only fair to give a mini-review in the same forum.

I was looking for suggestions for a power cord for my CH Precision DAC, when someone suggested that I take a look at Echole.

In all honesty, I did not know much about Echole cables, other than knowing they work with brands which I am quite familiar with (Total DAC) or brands that I really like the sound of (Absolare). Google did not provide me with much more information, other than the odd forum post here and there.

I decided the best way for me to go forward was to email Echole directly, since there was no dealer in Singapore. Kerem, the owner, responded and soon after a Echole Limited Edition Power Cable was on it's way to me for a trial.

I did not expect much from this cable, but was pleasantly surprised by how close it came to another cable I had on trial at that point of time (at a higher price point). I guess I should not be too surprised, since there were some similarity in their base materials. It's main strength to me was it's Pace, Rhythm and Timing,or "PRaT", as most of us would know it. For example, listening to the track 'Alaska' by Maggie Rogers, was quite an experience. The bass response was tighter than most cables which I had tried before, and the entire flow of the track was, simply put, very enjoyable and natural. Guitar tracks were also a pleasant surprise, with each strum of the string clearer than anything I have heard before.

If I really had to nitpick, I did find some tracks to sound a little congested. I told Kerem the same, and he told me that he had recently had a new model with NCF plugs, known as the Infinity, which might address some of my concerns. Once again, he was very kind to send the cable over, together with a pair of Omnia interconnects.

This time I brought it over to a friend's place,for a little listening session. The cable was plugged into a Chord Dave. Now, there was something truly special with the Infinity.The same strengths remained, together with very good separation of the different layers of the music, such as between the various instruments and vocals. Another friend of mine commented that what he liked most was the shading that the cable seemed to provide to the music. By shading, it meant that the little intricate details, especially for instruments, was very evident once the cable was plugged in.I believe that this can also be attributed to the effect of a longer decay and "air" for the various instruments. Soundstage was also distinctly deeper.

Once again, the word that came to my mind was "natural". While it might sound silly, the best way I can explain it will be that the guitar actually sounded like a guitar, and the piano actually sounded like a piano. Basically, it does not sound like it was off a recording, and it was no surprise that live tracks were especially enjoyable with this cable, with one almost feeling like the artiste was performing in front of you, such was the effect of the cable on the presentation of the track.

I will comment on the Omnia interconnect in a separate post, but for anyone interested in finding out more about the cables, please do give Kerem an email at info@echole.com.

I am in no way affiliated to Echole, other than being a fan, and now, most probably an owner of the Infinity power cable.

Kerem has been very patient with answering any questions that I have on the cables and I am sure he will be the best person to answer any queries anyone might have on them.

Good for you, and congratulations!

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Great stuff! Is there now a level above Omnia? I saw Limited Edition as well as you seem to suggest Kerem has done something different with Omnia with a new termination?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing