Echole Omnia Power Cord Connector Switch

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
Has anyone changed a power or IEC plug on an Echole power cable? I need to change the IEC connector on an Omnia AC cable from 20A to 15A. Wondering if I should stick with the (OEM) Oyaide 046 palladium over gold or try something different (e.g., Oyaide 004, Furutech NCF, etc.)? Must power plug and IEC connector be the same? Can different power plug/IEC connector brands/plating types be used on the same cable to tailor the sound or would I be risking losing the Echole "magic"? Thoughts and experiences appreciated.

Last edited:

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
Has anyone changed a power or IEC plug on an Echole power cable? I need to change the IEC connector on an Omnia AC cable from 20A to 15A. Wondering if I should stick with the (OEM) Oyaide 046 palladium over gold or try something different (e.g., Oyaide 004, Furutech NCF, etc.)? Must power plug and IEC connector be the same? Can different power plug/IEC connector brands/plating types be used on the same cable to tailor the sound or would I be risking losing the Echole "magic"? Thoughts and experiences appreciated.
Turns out that the Oyaide 046 connectors that Echole uses are not the stock ones that Oyaide sells but are customized for Echole. Haven't heard back from Echole as to the possibility of getting one from them, so I replaced the 20A IEC plug with a 15A Oyaide AP-004 (the "Armored" version which is not sold in the USA). If there is any downside to this I am not hearing it. The Echole Omnia with the AP-004 on one end sounds glorious.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing