Entreq Tellus grounding

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

murphys33

Sep 28, 2011
Are you saying that if you just disconnect the Entreq for a few seconds and reconnect it the effect diminishes significantly?
I have not disconnected for few seconds but when I disconnect it to do maintenance and cleaning, the entreq effect does diminish. Typically such maintenance sessions last at least an hour. I have ordered some ASI grounding cables to try. Someone with entreq grounding experimented with the ASI to good effect. The reported benefit was much better instrument placement and separation and an even lower noise floor.

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
Interesting and thank you for sharing. I did not discern much of a difference between grounding input rca vs output rca. I think they are quite close but as with entreq grounding it takes about 2 days after connection to hear it's full impact and maybe that's why it's difficult to do a AB comparison.
If the RCA jacks are connected directly to the chassis then there is little difference. Theoretically the input jacks are better.
But if there is a plastic insulator ring and the RCA jack, then all bets are off. We don't know what long path the wire and maybe resistor may follow inside the box. Your grounding wire could make a nice interference antenna.

murphys33

Sep 28, 2011
But if there is a plastic insulator ring and the RCA jack, then all bets are off. We don't know what long path the wire and maybe resistor may follow inside the box. Your grounding wire could make a nice interference antenna.

What is meant by the above?

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
Because these RCA jacks are not directly connected to the chassis/shield the wire to the grounding box may act like an old-fashioned automobile radio antenna.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
I have not disconnected for few seconds but when I disconnect it to do maintenance and cleaning, the entreq effect does diminish. Typically such maintenance sessions last at least an hour. I have ordered some ASI grounding cables to try. Someone with entreq grounding experimented with the ASI to good effect. The reported benefit was much better instrument placement and separation and an even lower noise floor.

Hi.
I would be interested to know what kind of maintenance you do. Is it just about the Entreq boxes, about other devices?
Regards

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
If the RCA jacks are connected directly to the chassis then there is little difference. Theoretically the input jacks are better.

It is why I advised on using a simple technique to ascertain the grounding scheme of the device...

But anyway, no one knows how these audiophile grounding devices really work, or even the fundamentals behind them - but the users tell us that they change subjective sound quality. So all this technical talk is mainly entertainment and fantasy, users should try all safe possibilities and decide for themselves, or believe in the experts on these devices!

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
It is why I advised on using a simple technique to ascertain the grounding scheme of the device...

But anyway, no one knows how these audiophile grounding devices really work, or even the fundamentals behind them - but the users tell us that they change subjective sound quality. So all this technical talk is mainly entertainment and fantasy, users should try all safe possibilities and decide for themselves, or believe in the experts on these devices!

+1.

when these grounding threads descend into the 'why' or 'how'; I put them on ignore. it's been so obvious as to what they do in my system. for me it's only a budget question. I'd like to add more pieces here and there I know will yield results, but presently have other more pressing priorities.

once a system is reasonably settled and mature; grounding is a significant way forward to pursue. as far as grounding the negative speaker terminals of any amp with the Poseidon or Silver Minimus.....as these pieces are not connected to anything there is no risk. it's just common sense. obviously one needs to be careful not to accidently cross the negative and positive or connect to the power grid.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
These recent posts bear out my own experience of the benefits you get when moving up through the range of Entreq earth cables but I am aware that it is not always the case. Apollo seems to be a generally safe option/upgrade but the Atlantis does not suit all systems so a try before you buy.

Mine are now mainly Atlantis and Apollo and they have been well worth the extra cost.
For negative speaker terminal grounding I use a Poseidon/Atlantis with the third terminal grounding the amp itself. One of the most successful Entreq applications in my system, The sound really opened up.
My most recent Entreq addition was an Olympus Tellus with an Apollo mains earth lead and that too has made a clearly audible improvement to the sound quality and I can highly recommend it, but if you go down that road it really is a two person install unless you really are big and strong. The wooden box it comes in is large and awkward and together with the Olympus itself a two person job.
Marc if you do try one be warned cos getting it up the stairs to your listening room could leave you needing the services of a professional colleague.
Jonathan I am so glad to hear how well the Silver Minimus has fitted in to your system. Amid all the discussion on the more expensive Entreq components it is a very timely reminder of how effective the less expensive options are.
I'll look forward to reading more as they settle in.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Barry, understood re the 2 man lift.
Can't be as bad as carting 110kg Stacore up the stairs LOL
Twice! LOLx2 NOT!
For me, my experience w Entreq in the new, quieter space w purpose built feed to the audio room and dedicated lines has not been as dramatic as in London, although still very useful re maintaining bloom and opening up depth and staging.
My efforts and directing of funds going more now twds vibration isolation ie more Stacores.
I'm glad to see the Entreq thread you and I helped establish is going from strength to strength.

murphys33

Sep 28, 2011
Hi.
I would be interested to know what kind of maintenance you do. Is it just about the Entreq boxes, about other devices?
Regards

I was cleaning all my contact points with Kontact cleaner.

vert

Oct 26, 2015
6mooms review for Gutwire grounding says that grounding boxes have to be shaken every 6 months because they get saturated.

I assume they're referring to entreq. Anyone find this to be true?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Good luck to anyone shaking the 50kg Olympus Tellus

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Yes my immediate thought too Marc!
Vert are you sure the reference is to Entreq grounding boxes?
I've been using them for 3-4 years now from the Minimus right through to Silver Tellus, Poseidon and Olympus all supplied by an Entreq expert and he has never suggested that they should be shaken.

Fiddle Faddle

Aug 7, 2015
Australia
6mooms review for Gutwire grounding says that grounding boxes have to be shaken every 6 months because they get saturated.

I assume they're referring to entreq. Anyone find this to be true?

Crikey, mine are still going perfectly fine. They've sat still since I installed my HiFi Racks shelving many months ago. And they've never been "shaken", though I do find their musical contribution very stirring.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Crikey, mine are still going perfectly fine. They've sat still since I installed my HiFi Racks shelving many months ago. And they've never been "shaken", though I do find their musical contribution very stirring.

Hah...very well said!

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I'm doing a review of the Synergistic Research products and I can tell you that when I used the ground planes on the cables, the sound definitely improved. Grounding components and cables makes a real difference. I will trying the new active ground block in the Fall.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing