Entreq Tellus grounding

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
I have one Olympus Minimus + Infinity cable and am wondering where in the system I should connect it? I had been using it connected to a ground point inside the electrical service panel I have recently replaced. The new panel is not accessible so I don't really have that option unless I attach the cable to one of the screws of the panel cover. All suggestions are welcome...

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
My understanding is Bernings are not suitable for Entreq signal grounding which if I am correct rules out what I would have suggested.
I would therefore suggest you start with the power amp if there is an unused input available so the benefits are felt across the system, but it should also work well with the Vitus. My Vitus SIA 025 amp is grounded to one of my Poseidon sections which works well.

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Mike Lavigne wrote:
"hi John,

maybe give us a system picture, or gear description to help us give you suggestions.

personally; i use my Poseidon (3 combined Olympus Minimus's) to ground my bass amps in my bass towers. i was using two of the sections to ground the negative amplifier output terminals.....but decided to not do that a few months ago."

Based on Barry's response, I must need to update my profile as I no longer run either the Berning preamp or amp. Current system is: VPI Aries/12.6 and 3D arms/Lyra Etna, Concident Statement Mk 2 line stage, Lino C phono, Viola Symphony amp, Rhythmik A370-XLR3 subwoofer amps driving Sound Insight SI200 OB subwoofers, GTA3R planar/ribbon speakers, Shunyata Hydra A/V and Typhon, Shunyata Alpha HC PCs, Pangea Audio AC 9SE MKII PCs.

Attachments

• P1010034.JPG
    P1010034.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
  • P1010036.JPG
    P1010036.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
  • P1010037.JPG
    P1010037.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
  • P1010038.JPG
    P1010038.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
  • P1010044.JPG
    P1010044.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 53
  • P1010041.JPG
    P1010041.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 56
  • P1010042.JPG
    P1010042.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
Reactions: Bodhi

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Hi all, I'd like to ask members who have experience with the Entreq products, especially their higher end ground boxes such as the Olympus Tellus - Is there any real benefit to an uber expensive grounding conditioner(s) if a/ your house runs on high efficiency solar pv and mil-spec battery storage with an even sine wave, b/ you run properly worked out dedicated lines back to an audiophile grade distribution box and very high quality ground, enabling equal ground potential to each outlet, and c/ you further connect your front end components to a high end power conditioner?

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I don't know the answer to your questions Bodhi and I cannot recall seeing any posts from members with the set up you describe.
I do know that any amplifier or source component generates its own EMI as soon as it is switched on so I imagine that the other mains arrangements you describe would not solve that problem and RFI is all around us as I understand it.
Can I suggest you put the question to Per Oloff at Entreq. He is very approachable but do allow for his limitations in written English which he readily acknowledges.
Hope that helps.

Reactions: Bodhi

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Thanks Barry for your feedback. I might drop that gentleman a line at Entreq as you suggested, cheers!

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
To add to some of the experiences here of Entreq users who've noticed change in their systems, and found an Apollo or Atlantis ground cbl has come loose, resulting in definite impvt once reconnected.

Well, situation as described here. On reconnecting loosened Apollo to my Straingauge cart energiser, a nice opening up of sound, greater stage depth. I'm listening to the title track and Dahomey Dance off John Coltrane/Olé lp, and the twin bassists are nicely delineated.

Another final piece of the (endless) puzzle.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
I bought the third Olympus Infinity.
Well in Entreq they say that the Olympus Infinity is the best box they have built and although I have not had the Olympus Tellus, I guess they will know what they are talking about.
I am going to give a series of opinions based on my experience, with which Per Olov says he totally agrees.
1.- Olympus Infinity is superior to Poseidon pole.
2.- Although having two poles could connect two different devices, my experience tells me that it is not a good idea. Therefore a box to a device.
3.- The optimum performance is obtained by connecting the two poles to two connectors of the same device with two cables.
4.- The Eartha Olympus Infinity is a very big improvement over an Eartha Apollo Infinity.

Attachments

• 07C22CA9-8657-4B55-8D7D-DAA38211E2DE.jpeg
    07C22CA9-8657-4B55-8D7D-DAA38211E2DE.jpeg
    613 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Reactions: gkg2k

Maragoo

Nov 3, 2017
I think it's time to reactivate this thread!

After a long roundtrip experimenting with different cable brands and losing money, finally I'm back with Entreq!

After switching my preamp and poweramp to Tidal Preos-D & Impulse, my dealer told me to try TQ Silver Diamond cables. So I've spent two months with TQ cables and came to the decision that they don't Sound as good as High Fidelity Cables. Next I've invested a lot of money to upgrade from HFC Reveal to HFC CT-2 full loom covered by a money back warranty. Never got fully satisfied and wasn't able to hear a big difference between Reveal and CT-2, so toke the option of money back warranty. After many complains and 2 months later I've got at least 90% of my money back - so be warned to deal with Rick Schulz Company. So still no matchin cables after this roundtrip.

Still had my Entreq Infinity Konstantin speakers cables here...so requested a demo of preowned Entreq Discover XLR and bought another preowned Discover RCA set straight away. Wow! This setup was at least on par with HFC at a fractial of the Costs. So I've decided to loan a set of Entreq Infinity Challenger XLR to compair them the non Infinity and very basic Discover line (thx to my dealer in UK an PO).
Plugged in the cable and got a big smile on my face - cable wasn't really run in and Grounding takes normally up to 24h to properly work. Shocked that the improvement was that huge!

So finally I've placed an order of Entreq Infinity Challenger RCA (to go from phono deck to Preamp) and Entreq Infinity Challenger XLR (to go between Pre and Poweramp). They where delivered last week and I've installed them with Infinity tube and grounded it with EA Infinity Apollo to a Poseidon. Never heard my setup sounding that good! The soundstage got at least twice as wide and deep and everything started sounding so real and unforced. Huge transparany and speakers disappeared completely. Removed my room acoustic Treatment as is was absolet now and the room is Looking no longer like a hifi shop :)

It's just so much fun to listen vinyl now! Found my holy grail of cables with Entreq and never got a better support from a brand than by Entreq! Everything was like told to me by PO and my dealer. Sorry, will stop writing more now as I have to listen some more music!

Reactions: Mossback

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr

After a long roundtrip experimenting with different cable brands and losing money, finally I'm back with Entreq!

After switching my preamp and poweramp to Tidal Preos-D & Impulse, my dealer told me to try TQ Silver Diamond cables. So I've spent two months with TQ cables and came to the decision that they Sound as good as High Fidelity Cables. Next I've invested a lot of money to upgrade from HFC Reveal to HFC CT-2 full loom covered by a money back warranty. Never got fully satisfied and wasn't able to hear a big difference between Reveal and CT-2, so toke the option of money back warranty. After many complains and 2 months later I've got at least 90% of my money back - so be warned to deal with Rick Schulz Company. So still no matchin cables after this roundtrip.
Still had my Entreq Infinity Konstantin speakers cables here...so requested a demo of preowned Entreq Discover XLR and bought another preowned Discover RCA set. Wow! This setup was at least on par with HFC at a fractial of the Costs. So I've decided to loan a set of Entreq Infinity Challenger XLR to compair them old Discover line (thx to my dealer in UK an PO).
Plugged in the cable and got a big smile on my face - cable wasn't really run in and Grounding takes up to 24h to properly work. Never thought that the improvement will be that huge!

So finally I've placed an order of Entreq Infinity Challenger RCA (to go from phono deck to Preamp) and Entreq Infinity Challenger XLR (to go between Pre and Poweramp). They where delivered last with and I've installed them with Infinity tube and grounded it with EA Infinity Apollo to a Poseidon. Never heard my setup sounding that good! The soundstage got at least twice as wide and deep and everything started sounding so real and unforced. All my room acoustic treatment is absolet now and the room will look no longer like a hifi shop :)

It's just so much fun to listen vinyl now! Found my holy grail of cables with Entreq and never got a better support from a brand than by Entreq! Everything was like told me before by PO and my dealer. Sorry, will stop writing now as I have go to listen some more music!

Congratulations~!

I'm using Entreq Olympus Infinity Speakers cables and XLR cables sets.

I heard Entreq scouted Siltech engineers. Is it true???

Anyway, I compared Olympus Infinity Sp cables set to Nordost Odin.

I think Olympus Infinity is much better than Odin.

Highly impressed~!!!!!

P1000437.JPG

P1000442.JPG

Reactions: Hieukm

Blackmorec

Feb 1, 2019
I had a couple of very nice gentlemen visit my humble listening room with a car boot full of Entreq boxes and a tangle of cables. We started out with a simple configuration connecting my Innuos server and Devialet amps. Fired it all up and took a listen. Really couldn’t hear much, if any difference. Then added another box and cable and connected up the AQVox SE ethernet switch. Hmm, useful improvement there with a modest increase in soundstage and naturalness (the system sounded slightly more relaxed).

They left the system with me for a couple of days to let everything settle, but after 2 days I wasn’t really hearing any noticeable improvements. At that point I decided to disconnect the units 1 at a time to see what differences I heard when the units were removed. First the server, then the amps were disconnected without any noticeable change. Finally I removed the AQVox and that did make a small but noticeable difference.

With everything removed the system was sounding great but would definitely benefit from hooking up the AQVox. To that end I asked CHC’s Sean Jacobs to make up one of his nice earth cables terminated with a 15A mains plug. I hooked that up to AQVox, using the screw tab provided, plugged it in to my dedicated mains supply and was surprised to immediately hear an even greater improvement than the Entreq had delivered. A cheap solution for once in my hi-if life.

My system is hooked up and powered exclusively with Synergistic Research cabling, each cable having its own earth drain which is connected to the dedicated mains ground. My system is extremely sensitive to things like network changes, or new components that are running in, so I was slightly surprised that Entreq made so little difference. I guess I just don’t have the problem that’s Entreq typically solves?

Hieukm

Oct 2, 2016
I had a couple of very nice gentlemen visit my humble listening room with a car boot full of Entreq boxes and a tangle of cables. We started out with a simple configuration connecting my Innuos server and Devialet amps. Fired it all up and took a listen. Really couldn’t hear much, if any difference. Then added another box and cable and connected up the AQVox SE ethernet switch. Hmm, useful improvement there with a modest increase in soundstage and naturalness (the system sounded slightly more relaxed).

They left the system with me for a couple of days to let everything settle, but after 2 days I wasn’t really hearing any noticeable improvements. At that point I decided to disconnect the units 1 at a time to see what differences I heard when the units were removed. First the server, then the amps were disconnected without any noticeable change. Finally I removed the AQVox and that did make a small but noticeable difference.

With everything removed the system was sounding great but would definitely benefit from hooking up the AQVox. To that end I asked CHC’s Sean Jacobs to make up one of his nice earth cables terminated with a 15A mains plug. I hooked that up to AQVox, using the screw tab provided, plugged it in to my dedicated mains supply and was surprised to immediately hear an even greater improvement than the Entreq had delivered. A cheap solution for once in my hi-if life.

My system is hooked up and powered exclusively with Synergistic Research cabling, each cable having its own earth drain which is connected to the dedicated mains ground. My system is extremely sensitive to things like network changes, or new components that are running in, so I was slightly surprised that Entreq made so little difference. I guess I just don’t have the problem that’s Entreq typically solves?
Entreq is signal grounding so it might not make a difference. You can try chassis grounding products like Tripoint or Nordost.

Reactions: Esotar

Blackmorec

Feb 1, 2019
Entreq is signal grounding so it might not make a difference. You can try chassis grounding products like Tripoint or Nordost.
Aha, I wasn’t aware of the finer points of what I was grounding. Perhaps I should try the Synergistic Research Active Ground Block, given that its designed to work with all the other cabling products that I use.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England

Tweaks are REALLY system and room dependent, and critically what the level of noise is to start.

In my old room, I was surrounded by internet booster aerials and light industry, combined w lots of live/work apartments running broadband all day long. Entreq made significant impvts. In my current room, in a semi rural environment w much less hash locally, and a dedicated feed to my loft, Entreq less decisive.

Blackmorec

Feb 1, 2019
Hi SoM,
That’s pretty much my situation....very quiet neighbourhood and not a lot of EMI or RFI sources other than Wi-Fi. In addition, all my SR cables have active shielding, while my server and amp are both mounted in thick aluminium. Hi-fi is supplied by dual dedicated mains radials using well screened Acrolink 7N P4040 cable runs directly from a dedicated CU.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Congratulations~!

I'm using Entreq Olympus Infinity Speakers cables and XLR cables sets.

I heard Entreq scouted Siltech engineers. Is it true???

Anyway, I compared Olympus Infinity Sp cables set to Nordost Odin.

I think Olympus Infinity is much better than Odin.

Highly impressed~!!!!!

View attachment 54835

View attachment 54836
Hi Esotar,
Do you sell Entreq and Nordost or just one of these?

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK

After switching my preamp and poweramp to Tidal Preos-D & Impulse, my dealer told me to try TQ Silver Diamond cables. So I've spent two months with TQ cables and came to the decision that they don't Sound as good as High Fidelity Cables. Next I've invested a lot of money to upgrade from HFC Reveal to HFC CT-2 full loom covered by a money back warranty. Never got fully satisfied and wasn't able to hear a big difference between Reveal and CT-2, so toke the option of money back warranty. After many complains and 2 months later I've got at least 90% of my money back - so be warned to deal with Rick Schulz Company. So still no matchin cables after this roundtrip.

Still had my Entreq Infinity Konstantin speakers cables here...so requested a demo of preowned Entreq Discover XLR and bought another preowned Discover RCA set straight away. Wow! This setup was at least on par with HFC at a fractial of the Costs. So I've decided to loan a set of Entreq Infinity Challenger XLR to compair them the non Infinity and very basic Discover line (thx to my dealer in UK an PO).
Plugged in the cable and got a big smile on my face - cable wasn't really run in and Grounding takes normally up to 24h to properly work. Shocked that the improvement was that huge!

So finally I've placed an order of Entreq Infinity Challenger RCA (to go from phono deck to Preamp) and Entreq Infinity Challenger XLR (to go between Pre and Poweramp). They where delivered last week and I've installed them with Infinity tube and grounded it with EA Infinity Apollo to a Poseidon. Never heard my setup sounding that good! The soundstage got at least twice as wide and deep and everything started sounding so real and unforced. Huge transparany and speakers disappeared completely. Removed my room acoustic Treatment as is was absolet now and the room is Looking no longer like a hifi shop :)

It's just so much fun to listen vinyl now! Found my holy grail of cables with Entreq and never got a better support from a brand than by Entreq! Everything was like told to me by PO and my dealer. Sorry, will stop writing more now as I have to listen some more music!

Thanks for your update and glad to hear how successful your Entreq cables have been.
I am sure that with all cables there is a degree of system dependency but I have been very pleased my my Entreq cables, ground boxes etc. as have many others who have installed them. They do seem to be consistently passing the test of time as your experience of other cables bears out.
About a year ago I upgraded my three Apollo XLR i/cs to Infinity (Scarlatti DAC, MD 109T tuner and Whest phono stage) and it made a noticeable improvement to the sound quality from all three sources. I also have a Challenger i/c plus Apollo earth from the AV amp to the Vitus 025 and again very successful.
I am in the process of upgrading my Townshend Rock V turntable with a new SME V arm and an Apollo tonearm cable. Expecting to complete this upgrade shortly and looking forward to hearing the improvements. Will report back once it is all up and running.
Thanks also for other members updates. I have not heard the Atlantis Infinity cables Esotar has now got but I can well believe that they are very good indeed and probably as good or better than any other manufacturers cables when used with the Entreq ground boxes.

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
Hi Esotar,
Do you sell Entreq and Nordost or just one of these?

Sorry.

Odin is not mine.

I'm HI FI seller, so I can do various comparison test through borrowing other shop's helps.

Actually, I tested Entreq Olympus Infinity SP cables set to Triple Crown, FMR, Realization, and etc.

My opinion is Olympus Infinity SP cables set is better than other SP cables.

Entreq cables don't have strong character.

Just transfer noiseless sound signals to next HI FI devices.

I like this Entreq cables' feature very much.

But others will not agree with my opinion.

Triple Crown, FMR, Realization, and Odin all have fantastic quality.

But their sound is very strong. In bad case, you may change other inter cables.

Except USB, RJ45 cables, I'm using Entreq Atlantis cables sets or Olympus Infinity cables sets.

All Entreq cables make all devices' character, strong points, weak points, and etc. be noticed easily.

Entreq just boosts all components' potential extremely.

Whenever I change devices, my system sound always makes big difference by Entreq sets.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Sorry.

Odin is not mine.

I'm HI FI seller, so I can do various comparison test through borrowing other shop's helps.

Actually, I tested Entreq Olympus Infinity SP cables set to Triple Crown, FMR, Realization, and etc.

My opinion is Olympus Infinity SP cables set is better than other SP cables.

Entreq cables don't have strong character.

Just transfer noiseless sound signals to next HI FI devices.

I like this Entreq cables' feature very much.

But others will not agree with my opinion.

Triple Crown, FMR, Realization, and Odin all have fantastic quality.

But their sound is very strong. In bad case, you may change other inter cables.

Except USB, RJ45 cables, I'm using Entreq Atlantis cables sets or Olympus Infinity cables sets.

All Entreq cables make all devices' character, strong points, weak points, and etc. be noticed easily.

Entreq just boosts all components' potential extremely.

Whenever I change devices, my system sound always makes big difference by Entreq sets.
Esotar, thanks for a bit more of an explanation but I am surprised that you are claiming that it’s even a better speaker cable than Siltech Triple Crown as well as Nordost Odin. I gather you are saying it’s more revealing than these cables. Big call. Can you explain a bit more about the cable’s wire and geometry

As an aside if you are a dealer of any of the gear in your profile it would be good to make that clearer.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing