Entreq Tellus grounding

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
Esotar, thanks for a bit more of an explanation but I am surprised that you are claiming that it’s even a better speaker cable than Siltech Triple Crown as well as Nordost Odin. I gather you are saying it’s more revealing than these cables. Big call. Can you explain a bit more about the cable’s wire and geometry

As an aside if you are a dealer of any of the gear in your profile it would be good to make that clearer.

That's just my subjective opinion.

I hope you don't misunderstand my opinion.

I don't like cables make system's sound.

I just want the cable does only sound signal transduction flawlessly.

Entreq flagship cables are all like that, so I love them.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
That's just my subjective opinion.

I hope you don't misunderstand my opinion.

I don't like cables make system's sound.

I just want the cable does only sound signal transduction flawlessly.

Entreq flagship cables are all like that, so I love them.
I appreciate that it’s your opinion Esotar (which is why I do genuinely feel that it’s much better to say I prefer rather than any broad generalisation that something is just better) but I was also asking you (as an Entreq distributor or dealer) information on the specifications of the speaker cables wire and the geometry.

I would add that most dealers and distributors disclose their commercial interests more clearly in their profile.

Last edited:

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
I do appreciate that it’s only an opinion Esotar (which is why I always genuinely feel it’s better to say I prefer rather than some generalisation that something is just better) but I was just asking you (as an Entreq distributor or dealer) information on the specifications of the speaker cables wire and the geometry. But I would add that most dealers and distributors disclose their commercial interests more clearly in their profile.

I'm Korean HI FI seller, but not Entreq distributor.

I'm just Entreq world no. 1 customer.

So I don't know about Olympus products' specs or features.

Entreq Korean distributor said Entreq scouted Siltech engineers, and they made Olympus Cables.

(Not Eartha cables)

It is all I know.

LeBlanc

Aug 14, 2019
The Netherlands
Hello, new to this forum and have been looking into grounding products, especially the Entreq grounding boxes.

I was wondering if the possible benefits of a grounding box such as the Entreq is different for components without earth-ground inlets (two prong IEC) compared to the benefits for components with earth-ground inlets (three prong IEC).

In my set my streamer and switch have three prong inlets and are connected to ground through the power distributor and wall socket. My integrated amp and DAC only have two prong IECs and -based on my understanding- are currently not connected to ground. For now, I’m not planning on using Entreq signal cables yet. Thanks for your input.

Reactions: Rocoa

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I can't give you a definitive reply and all my system has UK three pin plugs.
As my previous posts have indicated I use Entreq cables throughout my system and I have found them very effective in getting rid of background noise and distortion.
Entreq's use of the term grounding can be a bit confusing because it is not earth grounding in the more commonly understood meaning. It operates on the signals themselves with the ground cable being connected to the signal inputs on amplifiers, sources and thence to one of their ground boxes. I see no reason why therefore that two or three point mains connections should affect their operation.
Users in the US and continental Europe have not reported any lack of effectiveness with the mains connecting plugs on their systems which suggests two pin mains plugs should not be an issue.
Entreq dealers will normally allow you to try their products in your home on a money back basis, or if that option is not readily available Entreq HQ will do so.

LeBlanc

Aug 14, 2019
The Netherlands
I can't give you a definitive reply and all my system has UK three pin plugs.
As my previous posts have indicated I use Entreq cables throughout my system and I have found them very effective in getting rid of background noise and distortion.
Entreq's use of the term grounding can be a bit confusing because it is not earth grounding in the more commonly understood meaning. It operates on the signals themselves with the ground cable being connected to the signal inputs on amplifiers, sources and thence to one of their ground boxes. I see no reason why therefore that two or three point mains connections should affect their operation.
Users in the US and continental Europe have not reported any lack of effectiveness with the mains connecting plugs on their systems which suggests two pin mains plugs should not be an issue.
Entreq dealers will normally allow you to try their products in your home on a money back basis, or if that option is not readily available Entreq HQ will do so.
Thanks Barry.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks for the heads up Simone
I have the Entreq Athena racks and have been very pleased with their looks and performance.
I recently added a Musicworks 6 outlet power block which I bought used and have found that to be very effective but I agree the new Entreq Power Block does look interesting.
Had it been available prior to the aforementioned purchse I might well have opted for that instead.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Barry, I thought you went for that exotic powerstrip that had minimal info online? This one was also trialled by an audio group I'm friendly with.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks Marc
I did but it had only six outlets so was having to use a double socket plug that wasn't very satisfactory. Hence the Musicworks at a very reasonable price used which is very good. There are a couple of newer Musicworks blocks of which the more expensive one at £995 is cryogenically treated and worth looking at.
Hope you are well
Barry

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Very good thanks, Barry. You've saved a bit of cash too.

ZRX

Oct 8, 2019
Just wanted to make a comment on the K2' S/Everests ..I have a Tellus 2 with Apollo eartha cables and Apollo xlrs from the Cd player to amp..3 K2's on all posts sounds muddled and aggressive however attaching the Xlrs to the middle connection with a standard wooden knob sounds perfect..don't really understand that but ive been back to backing it for weeks..i tried everests too previously and the sounded way too 'pushy' and unrelaxing more so than the K2's.

Audio Therapy

Entreq have just launched a new Ground Box, say hello to the Tellus 2 Infinity!

It's in the same size box as the original Tellus 2, but the 2 outside posts are now Silver Minimus Infinity and the centre post has been upgraded to an Olympus Ten. The previous generation Tellus 2 was very popular and for good reason, but this Infinity version is looking like brilliant value for money.
Buying these 3 boxes separately in the UK would cost £2300, but the Tellus 2 Infinity is priced at £1800 GBP.

My demo unit arrived today.

Link

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Entreq have just launched a new Ground Box, say hello to the Tellus 2 Infinity!

It's in the same size box as the original Tellus 2, but the 2 outside posts are now Silver Minimus Infinity and the centre post has been upgraded to an Olympus Ten. The previous generation Tellus 2 was very popular and for good reason, but this Infinity version is looking like brilliant value for money.
Buying these 3 boxes separately in the UK would cost £2300, but the Tellus 2 Infinity is priced at £1800 GBP.

My demo unit arrived today.
Link

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
If anyone is interested, I sell my Silver Tellus for € 900

borzesto

Oct 26, 2019
Silver Minimus for sale. View attachment 39285
Hello.
I read your post about your grounding experiences with Entreq and I am really impressed. I moved to Malaga in Spain and consider to support my Gryphon Antileon with a grounding box. I have those irritating humming sound in one of the speaker (Sonus Faber - Amati). My assumption is that I need better grounding but I heave never try it before.
Would it be possible if it works with my system?
I look forward to hearings from you soon. My email: borzesto@mac.com
Kind regards
Mark

Audio Therapy

Hi all,

Just thought I'd post about an update on a couple of Primer Pro products that have had some revisions to them that have resulted in a nice uptick in performance.

The Primer Pro Power Cable now comes with a captive ground wire and a Primer Ground Box included in the price, the previous version of this power cable had no grounding facility with it, it performed well, but the new one is a lot better, you simply get more of everything Entreq is good at.

It uses a Furutech NCF 1364 R plug and an FI IEC and is 1.65m long

The Primer Pro Power Bar has also had a similar change, in that it now comes with a hard-wired ground wire as well. This does not come with a Primer Box though, Entreq's thinking behind this is most people who would look at getting the Power Bar would not doubt purhase a matching power cable and you can use the second socket on the Primer Box to ground the Power Bar. The Power Bar uses the same Furutech NCF 1363-R Plug and the captive cable is also 1.65m long.

Using them together in this way is offering another step forward in performance, they are working very well together and offer great value. The Power Bar only came through the other day, I've had the cables for a couple of weeks now and they are going down very well!

More info on my site

Reactions: Mossback

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
If Fedex complies, next Tuesday, 4 Eartha Olympus Infinity cables will arrive. With them the 8 Eartha cables of my system will be Olympus Infinity. I will comment on them.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing