Entreq Tellus grounding

Frankie67

Nov 2, 2021
Does anyone use (or has ever heard) Entreq AND Stein Harmonizers at the same time? Conflicts or synergies?

I’m currently demoing a couple Stein Harmonizers and I like what I hear.

Still waiting to dem the Entreq ground boxes.

thanks.
F.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Does anyone use (or has ever heard) Entreq AND Stein Harmonizers at the same time? Conflicts or synergies?

thanks.
F.
Hi Frankie,
No I have never heard the Stein Harmonisers.
There is always a lot to be said for trusting your ears so obviously worth serious consideration if you are liking what you hear.
The key question is will they have the requisite synergy with the Entreq boxes and the only safe way to find out is to try and see before you buy.

Rareace

Feb 3, 2021

thanks.
F.
I have both. They are completely different technologies and work well together.

Reactions: Frankie67

Frankie67

Nov 2, 2021
I have both. They are completely different technologies and work well together
I have both. They are completely different technologies and work well together.
What specific components do you have for each of these brands? What is the synergy? Thanks

Rareace

Feb 3, 2021
I have everything connected with Entreq: amps, source, LPS, power conditioner, even my router. It removes noise and improves musical flow.
The Stein’s are a type of room treatment affecting soundstage and imaging.

Ugc

Mar 7, 2022
Hello ,
Which switch option should I use when connected to entreq silver power and pre amp?
Ground or lift ( switch on back of pre and power amp)
Thank u

Frankie67

Nov 2, 2021
I’ve finally been able to audition Entreq in my system and I LOVE what I’ve heard.

Considering available space etc., I’ll probably choose the following elements:

- 2 OLYMPUS INFINITY TUNGSTEN for the power amps

- 4 OLYMPUS TEN INFINITY TUNGSTEN for the preamp (two channels), phono preamp and dac (or master clock)

- EARTHA APOLLO INFINITY cables

- EVEREST

- MAGMA INFINITY TUNGSTEN (large) on top of each Entreq unit and on top of each electronic.

Looking forward to receiving and installing the whole package!

talk soon.
F.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I’ve finally been able to audition Entreq in my system and I LOVE what I’ve heard.

Considering available space etc., I’ll probably choose the following elements:

- 2 OLYMPUS INFINITY TUNGSTEN for the power amps

- 4 OLYMPUS TEN INFINITY TUNGSTEN for the preamp (two channels), phono preamp and dac (or master clock)

- EARTHA APOLLO INFINITY cables

- EVEREST

- MAGMA INFINITY TUNGSTEN (large) on top of each Entreq unit and on top of each electronic.

Looking forward to receiving and installing the whole package!

talk soon.
F.
That's great to hear Frankie.
I will look forward to hearing how they sound in your system

Frankie67

Nov 2, 2021
Just one doubt. What do you guys think about the above system vs two pluton?

I can say that the small box sounded great particularly on the phono stage.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

I think your suggested system sounds awesome. We had a similar debate before making a decision...which was helped by the importer here who steered us towards Plutons.

We have fewer components (1 source, 1 pre, 1 pair of monos)...plus we also have the original Tripoint Troy Signature. So we went with Infinity cabling, Everest caps, Magma feet...just as you did...but based on importer, decided to trial 2 x Plutons + 1 Olympus Infinity Tungsten (so 7 connections in total). And we kept them 'as is'...fantastic.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK

Hi Frankie,
I have not heard the Plutons so I cannot speak from personal experience. That said. if I were you I would not have the slightest hesitation in following Ll21's example.
He has had long term experience of Entreq grounding and the benefit of top level advice from Entreq.
He also uses the big Wilson speakers and if I remember correctly you have the smaller Wilsons so should have the requisite synergy with your system.

Frankie67

Nov 2, 2021
Is it ok placing a large ground box right behind the speakers? I’m just wondering whether it could act as a bass trap or something.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Is it ok placing a large ground box right behind the speakers? I’m just wondering whether it could act as a bass trap or something.
Given that your DAW port is probably well above the height of where you put the grounding box, you might just need to try it and see.

I could imagine in the grand scheme of all the variables in a system, this one might not make as much of a difference. Often times in homes, corners or rooms are not symmetrical, nor is furniture...there is a window on one side and not the other, or a fireplace, or an L-shape to the room right off one of the speakers...so inevitably, there are 'things' in the room that create variations in the room/speaker interaction.

I instinctively feel like this would just be another one of those given the grounding boxes are not too big. Plus, you also might be able to adjust speaker position to account for it as well.

Frankie67

Nov 2, 2021
Given that your DAW port is probably well above the height of where you put the grounding box, you might just need to try it and see.

I could imagine in the grand scheme of all the variables in a system, this one might not make as much of a difference. Often times in homes, corners or rooms are not symmetrical, nor is furniture...there is a window on one side and not the other, or a fireplace, or an L-shape to the room right off one of the speakers...so inevitably, there are 'things' in the room that create variations in the room/speaker interaction.

I instinctively feel like this would just be another one of those given the grounding boxes are not too big. Plus, you also might be able to adjust speaker position to account for it as well.
Thanks Lloyd.

Frankie67

Nov 2, 2021
Does anyone use Magma both below and on top of groundboxes?

My dealer recommended to place (i) Magma Infinity Slim (not Tungsten) below each ground box + (ii) three Magma Infinity Tungsten (the double ones) on top of each box + (iii) Magma Infinity Tungsten (the double ones) on top of each of the electronics.

What do you guys think? Is this overkill?

Thanks.
F./

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Does anyone use Magma both below and on top of groundboxes?

My dealer recommended to place (i) Magma Infinity Slim (not Tungsten) below each ground box + (ii) three Magma Infinity Tungsten (the double ones) on top of each box + (iii) Magma Infinity Tungsten (the double ones) on top of each of the electronics.

What do you guys think? Is this overkill?

Thanks.
F./
I am sure your dealer's advice would be beneficial but I wouldn't regard it as essential.
Better, in my view, to press ahead with the Plutons and to consider adding the Magmas at a later date.
Something to look forward to in the future!

Frankie67

Nov 2, 2021
Would you guys go wi a) two plutons
+ two Olympus ten infinity tungsten OR b) two Olympus infinity tungsten + six Olympus ten infinity tungsten (or perhaps step by step).
The issue is that my dealer doesn’t have plutons in stock so I would need to order them. What do you think? My fear is to do too much.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Would you guys go wi a) two plutons
+ two Olympus ten infinity tungsten OR b) two Olympus infinity tungsten + six Olympus ten infinity tungsten (or perhaps step by step).
The issue is that my dealer doesn’t have plutons in stock so I would need to order them. What do you think? My fear is to do too much.
Personally, the guidance I received from Entreq and the importer was that Pluton contained their best tech (ie, Olympus Infinity Tungsten). So with option 1, you are getting 6 of the 8 connections as their best tech. I do not think 'too much' in terms of what they do will be an issue...but that is a guess based on limited experience in our own system and discussions at great length about our system with importer and posing questions to Entreq as well.

As for 'too much' if the cost is different between the 2 options, well that is another matter to which only you are best positioned to speak of course. On our side, we trialed a single Olympus Infinity Tungsten...after a few hours thought it was good...but questioned the value given the cost. We definitely heard an improvement but it was expensive for what it was (half a day in).

Wait 5.5 days, and boy it was a watershed moment in terms of performance and value. We went straight for 2 Plutons and 1 Olympus Infinity Tungsten and have never looked back.

Frankie67

Nov 2, 2021
Personally, the guidance I received from Entreq and the importer was that Pluton contained their best tech (ie, Olympus Infinity Tungsten). So with option 1, you are getting 6 of the 8 connections as their best tech. I do not think 'too much' in terms of what they do will be an issue...but that is a guess based on limited experience in our own system and discussions at great length about our system with importer and posing questions to Entreq as well.

As for 'too much' if the cost is different between the 2 options, well that is another matter to which only you are best positioned to speak of course. On our side, we trialed a single Olympus Infinity Tungsten...after a few hours thought it was good...but questioned the value given the cost. We definitely heard an improvement but it was expensive for what it was (half a day in).

Wait 5.5 days, and boy it was a watershed moment in terms of performance and value. We went straight for 2 Plutons and 1 Olympus Infinity Tungsten and have never looked back.
It’s exactly the same tech in both combos except that the plutons contain larger boxes. I’ll send an email to PO and make a decision. Thanks for all your help guys. Really appreciated.

vert

Oct 26, 2015
3. If you can spring for Tungsten, it is a more potent, powerful version of what Entreq does so well. I tend to find that it comes in 3 basic stages:
- 20 minutes
- 2-3 hours
- 3 days
- 9 days (super subtle)

4. What it does is somehow: lower noise floor, allow detail to 'float' up out of the noise floor so that choral words become more understandable (my standard litmus test as to whether I am hearing real detail or just imagining it)...but perhaps most importantly, this natural 'floating up' of newfound detail adds dimensionality and naturalness to notes, to musical crescendos, pianissimo, to the end of triangles or upper range of keyboards (often tough to do properly) as well as to the intensity of crescendos on solo violin. When you combine this to include spacial boundaries, voices, inflections in artist interpretations...you get real music. Its a wonder to behold as it evolves in your system from 20 minutes to 2-3 hours.

5. Be careful...unplugging starts that process all over again. Frustrating but true...read enough here and you will find many who woke up to be frustrated with a grain, roughness, artifice in the system...only to find that one of the grounding cables had been disconnected by the vacuum or pet, or whatever...I have done it myself unknowingly (also a good 'blind test')...and it takes you all the back through the settling in time.

With the Olympus minimus grounding my DAC, I found it took 2 weeks+ to reach it's maximum magic.

Dealer says it reaches 80% at 3 days.

So I never disconnect the ground cable unless absolutely necessary.

"Detail to float up" is a good way to describe what Entreq does.

In regards to the cable accidently falling off the box, I always know because something is off or sounding harsher. I check the box, and lo and behold, the cable had fallen off by itself. Pretty good for a "box full of dirt". ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing