Etsuro Gold MC Cartridge in house

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
I won this LP both on second hand for 10 euro its beutifull performance ambiance recording pressing a delicate album...
if you enjoy LA4's music you may like this one too. IMO all LA4 records are very good pressings.
IMG_1975.jpg

this one is a direct to disc recording praised by audiophiles.
IMG_1972.jpg

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
Got my Etsuro Gold yesterday. Mount it up and this little piece of gold really sings immediately, very good sound indeed. All the best qualities are there which I don't need to repeat.

The only complain is the mounting distance. The screw holes are too far forward. I can't reach the required overhang even if I put the cartridge all the way to the front. It is 1mm short. A friend who tried to mount the Gold on a Graham Elite arm also found the overhang was about 1mm short. The shortcoming can easily be overcome by moving the arm base back a little. It is not a problem.

View attachment 78061

Nice! Which TT is this? Is that SAT arm on the right?

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
I only have the LA4 album with the peacock on the cover. Great album and both of these pressings have excellent sound.

PXL_20220419_002004338.jpeg

Reactions: mtemur

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Reactions: mtemur

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing