Etsuro Urushi Gold Cartridge - The New "Gold" Standard

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
I am pleased to announce that Believe High Fidelity will be taking delivery of the 1st Etsuro Urushi Gold Cartridge ever produced. This baby is a dream come true and we can't wait to play some music on it.

The Cantilever is diamond
The Stylus tip is diamond
The Plate is Sapphire
The Housing is A7075 Extra Super Duralumin
The Terminal is 24K Gold
The Housing is 24K Kinpaku Gold leaf
The Box is Walnut

I could open a jewelry store with this one product alone

Gold1new.jpg

Gold2new.jpg

Gold4.jpg

Gold5new.jpg

If there was anything out there built to be a Gold Standard it is this baby. I will receive it in time before my trip to Cyprus to hear this cartridge on the Contendo Flagship system. I can't wait :)

119fdbd21bf6a9ee49f85ab8014419e8.jpg

Reactions: Cohnaudio

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Looks beautifully made, exquisite.. Do you know what the coils are, also gold?

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
I do not have any insight into the coil design on any of the models. They keep that under lock and key. Even when Fremer went to visit he had couldn’t film that area of the facility.

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
The 1st Gold in the world has arrived and it is every bit as phenomenal sounding as it looks.

Hint: Bass is where you will see another world of detail on this cartridge. 100 hours or so and I will report back.

resize_PANA4398.jpg

resize_PANA4403.jpg

resize_PANA4442.jpg

Reactions: mulveling

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
I don’t see a price anywhere, I guess if you have to ask...;)

Surprised you are even asking with all of your experience in pricing internationally of cartridges. :rolleyes:

108CY

May 4, 2013
Took delivery of a Gold two weeks back, extremely musical performer what is so astonishing is the sheer lack of mechanical grain very rare to be found. It does seem to take alot of running in and needs extra care in set up especially SRA. The cartridge captures detail like no other so far and is lightning fast without sounding at all bright quite a trick. The sheer foundation and bass is remarkable and with amazing texture this to my ears in one of the most balanced musical cartridges I have ever heard.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The sheer foundation and bass is remarkable and with amazing texture this to my ears in one of the most balanced musical cartridges I have ever heard.

You say that like you have heard many :rolleyes:

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Took delivery of a Gold two weeks back, extremely musical performer what is so astonishing is the sheer lack of mechanical grain very rare to be found. It does seem to take alot of running in and needs extra care in set up especially SRA. The cartridge captures detail like no other so far and is lightning fast without sounding at all bright quite a trick. The sheer foundation and bass is remarkable and with amazing texture this to my ears in one of the most balanced musical cartridges I have ever heard.

Hi Mik,

Is this on your Sirius III? Have you tried the Red Sparrow at all?

Best.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi Mik,

Is this on your Sirius III? Have you tried the Red Sparrow at all?

Best.

Why does he have to try on one his 10 Rockports only when he can put it up on air tangents on so many tables :D

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Why does he have to try on one his 10 Rockports only when he can put it up on air tangents on so many tables :D

Was curious what it was on tbh. He has a veritable fleet of TTs. Curious whether he tried on his Vyger.

108CY

May 4, 2013
Hi Bill I do like the red sparrow its a wonderful performer, I find overall I like the etsuro gold for its purity which I find quite breathtaking its its sheer ability to disappear is almost scary, the bass on the gold to my humble ears is remarkable how you not only able to get sheer foundation but also its ability to hear micro textures. I do like the red sparrow and yes have listened to it on the vyger which is not doubt is mighty fine especially in the way it resolves things and the speed of attack. The gold is totally engaging with not a trace of hardness but also with superb energy and drive and a silky and extended top quite a trick indeed. Its hard to find a cartridge thats ticks all the boxes hence owning one can be a problem like owning one deck.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Hi Bill I do like the red sparrow its a wonderful performer, I find overall I like the etsuro gold for its purity which I find quite breathtaking its its sheer ability to disappear is almost scary, the bass on the gold to my humble ears is remarkable how you not only able to get sheer foundation but also its ability to hear micro textures. I do like the red sparrow and yes have listened to it on the vyger which is not doubt is mighty fine especially in the way it resolves things and the speed of attack. The gold is totally engaging with not a trace of hardness but also with superb energy and drive and a silky and extended top quite a trick indeed. Its hard to find a cartridge thats ticks all the boxes hence owning one can be a problem like owning one deck.

Thanks for the detailed feedback, Mik. Sounds like this Etsuro is wonderful.

Reactions: 108CY

108CY

May 4, 2013
Bill you most certainly have truly engaging combination in the Vyger and red sparrow, in this day and age may sound a bit silly the Vyger is actually extremely good value and does work very well with the Red Sparrow. I am glad you ended up with the indian signature while i truly love the atlantis i have a real soft spot for the indian signature.

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
May I ask what is the output sensitivity of this cart? And the loading requirement?

Kind regards,
Tang

108CY

May 4, 2013
Hello Tang 3mv around 4 to 10 ohms is what I have ended up enjoying.

Last edited:

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
SPECIFICATIONS
Type
Moving coil
Frequency response

10-50,000Hz
Output voltage

0.3mV/1kHz
Output balance

?0.3dB/1kHz
Channel separation

33dB/1kHz
Tracking weight

2gr
Impedance
4?/1kHz
Trackability

?70?m/2gr
Stylus shape

Special polished 80?m microline diamond
Cantilever

0.22mm?Diamond
Cartridge base

2.5mm pure sapphire plate
Cartridge housing

Extra super duralumin(A7075)
Housing processing

24K Gold leaf "Kinpaku" finish
Terminal pin

24K Gold plated
Cartridge weight

8.7 grams
Content

Warranty card, Instruction manual (Dimensions, specifications), Stylus brush, 2 mounting screws
Box Material

Walnut

recommended retail in Germany : 14.000,- eur (incl VAT)

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Bill you most certainly have truly engaging combination in the Vyger and red sparrow, in this day and age may sound a bit silly the Vyger is actually extremely good value and does work very well with the Red Sparrow. I am glad you ended up with the indian signature while i truly love the atlantis i have a real soft spot for the indian signature.

Hi Mik,

The Indian Signature makes me smile every day tbh. I look at it and laugh sometimes and then listen to the music it makes and get lost every time.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing