Euphony OS v4 beta test results COMING SOON!

DHT4ME

Apr 12, 2021
Las Vegas
I have been testing a beta version of Euphony 4 this week. I built an Ultracap supplied Ryzen 9 based server a few months ago and was not able to get it going on OS 3 which had some network card compatibility issues and some CPU management glitches however the new kernel and latest Linux compile has sorted out the hiccups. What is really exciting is the upsampling options now available.
Euphony V3 was my favorite in my Baetis based server vs the windows based OS and the new V4 when run in RamRoot on the Ryzen takes it to a whole new level and adds the ability to experiment with algos and DSP.

I would describe it as an HQ player level of Sonics with only the better sounding algorithms as options. HQ player is still an embedded option as well as Roon.

I am quite blown away as the Ryzen based server was horrible on Audiolinux no matter what optimization I tried. A nice feature of the new OS is the ability to share optimizations to the Euphony cloud for recalling states or allow others to build optimizations with similar hardware and share. This was up and impressing on the first ramroot boot and I am sure it will rapidly get better with the crowd sourcing of optimizations.

6885EB67-365E-456A-B918-2667A4AB1877.jpeg C43669EA-664B-40F0-AFF7-DCC426F192EB.jpeg CAE5DFBE-C1EF-4C27-80EA-D80CF6C87897.jpeg F0EF8DDE-77F6-46E8-A299-B4DD98CE5273.jpeg

DHT4ME

Apr 12, 2021
Las Vegas
Well I am really enjoying music now with the upgrade. So much that I have not been feeling the impulse to check out the forums.
That is actually a very good thing.

I have tried the uprezz algos and Mozzaik is the most natural and engaging uprezz method to me. I hear artifacts on the other algos. Some people may be used to those artifacts or need some extra edge but to me Mozzaik has the really good DSD recording attributes while being on PCM.

I am streaming with Mozzaik algo at 706khz/24 to my AN DAC5 which has an aftermarket interface for 768k non OS.

The interface is much faster and smoother however I went from a 6 core Intel to a 12 core Ryzen so that may be a big part of that as well to the improved SQ.

Customer service is excellent as usual with responses to service tickets within a day.

OS System tweeks are subtle which leads me yo believe that the OS is very optimized.

The coolest thing it there is the ability to upload your system optimization profiles to the Euphony cloud for
you or others to try and be able to recover your system in case you want to return to a baseline.

Marko Dvecko

Oct 7, 2022
Croatia
mozzaik-audio.com
There are updates of the Mozzaik Upsampler available in the beta version. Don't know when it will be in the production. Upsampling filters were modified to get better sound on the old CDs. Mayority of improvements is done in the DSD upsampling area. I reccomend Mozzaik DSD upsampling for DACs that can do direct DSD conversion.
@DHT4ME is your DAC with 20bit resolution?

Marko Dvecko

Oct 7, 2022
Croatia
mozzaik-audio.com
Mozzaik Upsampler 1.2.0 is available in production. The whole processing chain has been revisited. Improved DSD modulator is created to give more resolution. Upsampling filters are created from the scratch with new algorithms to reduce numerical errors. Precision is increased to 80bit floating point. On PCM upsampler is added Mozzaik Dither created by design principles of the DSD modulator.
1682753466905.png
System->System Info->Mozzaik version->Choose
1682753559745.png

Last edited:

DHT4ME

Apr 12, 2021
Las Vegas
I am really happy w Mozzaik.
I should probably mention that it definitely sounds VERY different from the Euphony upsampling and is closer to the effect of converting PCM to DSD in HQ Player with the highest number of taps your system can process.

The PCM seems to have some artifact that is most obvious on acoustic music with natural ambiance and impulse type signals like a finger snap.

I have used HQPlayer for many years and I remember this being a difference between apodizing and non apodizing filters.

When I built my latest music server I wanted to be able to upsample and use my DAC in a NOS mode and tried at least a half dozen OS/player integrations. There is a definite trend toward better sonics with smaller less featured installs. Audiolinux could get very good however it would freeze, or loose something in updates or optimizations so Euphony is the sweet spot for my tolerance for consistent sonics and acceptable interface.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing