European Tape Decks- Pic of my system

U47

Apr 23, 2010
Portland, Oregon
www.reeltapes.net
IT has been pretty dead here. Tape never sleeps at U47 headquarters. Shown in pic is a rare(in the US) ASC AS6002 two track deck. This machine is based on the Braun TG-1000. Discrete electronics and the great German Bogen Heads. IEC and NAB switchable at 7 1/2 and 15 ips. The other deck is my ex-Everclear Revox C270 with a Nortronics Professional head running into some King/Cello electronics.
I'm quite pleased with the sound of both machines.
Anyone going to the CAS show in Emeryville at the end of this month?

Rich Brown
Acoustic Arts
Portland, Oregon

Attachments

• IMG_6104..JPG
    IMG_6104..JPG
    386.2 KB · Views: 1,679

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
IT has been pretty dead here. Tape never sleeps at U47 headquarters. Shown in pic is a rare(in the US) ASC AS6002 two track deck. This machine is based on the Braun TG-1000. Discrete electronics and the great German Bogen Heads. IEC and NAB switchable at 7 1/2 and 15 ips. The other deck is my ex-Everclear Revox C270 with a Nortronics Professional head running into some King/Cello electronics.
I'm quite pleased with the sound of both machines.
Anyone going to the CAS show in Emeryville at the end of this month?

Rich Brown
Acoustic Arts
Portland, Oregon

Nice acquistions!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Where do you gentlemen find these gems?!!!!

eugen_syd

Jun 20, 2010
Wooow, both look very nice. I am sure they sound even better!!!! I am going to Germany next month and will have a look around there!

Eugen

U47

Apr 23, 2010
Portland, Oregon
www.reeltapes.net
Hi Eugen
Try to find one if you can. They are extremely rare in North America. I had a friend over last night and we compared the King/Cello/Revox to the ASC and stock Technics 1500. The Euro decks TROUNCED the stock 1500. I forgot how dismal the 1500 sounds in stock form. The ASC was still no comparison to the King/Revox combo, but it was still very musical.
If you can find one for under $750 in good shape, I would consider that a bargain. In my opinion the Braun TG-1000 was the best sounding solid state consumer deck. ASC was based on that deck.

Rich Brown

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing