Everyone's favorite NOS 805 tube

adamaley

Apr 15, 2016
Minnetonka, MN
I'm interested in impressions on NOS 805 tubes folks on here have tried, specifically in SET amplifiers, but all use cases are welcome. I've heard great things about the RCA 805s. How do they stack up against the likes of Amperex 805s and United Electron 805?

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I have a pair of NOS Amperex 805, barely used, from an amp I no longer possess. I have to sell them, along with my fairly large unused tube inventory. Too lazy to sell all of my audio tailings, but I am going to have to get on the stick pretty soon.

It's a great sounding tube, albeit with curves more reminiscent of pentodes rather than triodes, but doesn't seem to matter so much with the transmitting triodes.

Reactions: adamaley

checkie

Feb 18, 2022
I have a pair of NOS Amperex 805, barely used, from an amp I no longer possess. I have to sell them, along with my fairly large unused tube inventory. Too lazy to sell all of my audio tailings, but I am going to have to get on the stick pretty soon.

It's a great sounding tube, albeit with curves more reminiscent of pentodes rather than triodes, but doesn't seem to matter so much with the transmitting triodes.
Would you consider to sell your Amperex 805?

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing