external microphone to android connection problem

kasidokostas

Feb 29, 2020
Hi to all! I am a teacher and I make short films every year with my students. I have a camera which unfortunately has no external microphone port. To get better sound in my movies, I decided to buy the rode videomic microphone this year and pair it with my android smartphone to get the sound and sync it at video editing. The extension cable I use with the microphone is the official that RODE sent me with the microphone. I also bought RODE's Sc4 trs to trrs adapter. Yesterday I took the microphone in my hands, did the “rode videomic + extension cable + sc4 + smartphone (xiaomi redmi note 5)” connection, did some testing and found a very serious problem. During the recording, the sound from the actors' conversations is fine, during the time, however, that there are no speeches in the recording - eg. ambient sound or when actors are walking - the mobile application causes distortion in the sound. Instant breaks. I tried with three android apps (Easy Voice Recorder, Hi-Q MP3 Recorder, RecForge II) and all the same problem. In all three applications I choose to get the sound from the main mobile microphone. How can I fix the problem? I begin to think that I paid the money for the microphone in vain. Thanks in advance.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing