F1 motorsports

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I decide to open up a F1 thread as we have very promising young dutch rider ,Max Verstappen .
Good luck in austin tonight !!

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
when was the last time you saw a F1 drift?

Max Verstappen is very promising.

You might be interested in a letter I sent to the owner of Red Bull, and therefore the owner of the Red Bull F1 team & the Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 team / edited for ID purposes:

"Sir:

I am writing because F1 is NOT Formula 1; it is Formula Nonsense. There is NO real racing.

I am __ years old, and I remember when you would see 5 very close cars drifting together through corners [when was the last time you saw a F1 drift?]. For many years I have not watched F1; I just catch-up on the printed news.

With Mercedes running the show, you should just walk away.

If you want real racing, start your own series [just use the F1 budget]. Get rid of the politics, extensive computers [steering wheel only, no controls], and all the other nonsense [make the drivers really drive – beautiful car control with wheel to wheel racing].

I could go on, but you are a very busy man.

Respectfully,

__________"

If I had the time to watch racing it would be road motorcycle or car rally.

zz.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Love F1, love to watch the cars do what they do.
BUT 19 races, 1 guy wins 10 of them and only 3 different winners all season. Zzzzzzzzzz!
No disrespect to Hamilton, he is an amazing driver with giant talent, huge!

AND I really miss the old F1 whine. Monaco just isn't the same.

A lot of motorsport divisions need to change it up a bit.

BUT watching an F1 car go around a corner is mind bending!

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Yeah i think it was a right choice as well , i think he is ready, plus they gotta give him what he wants otherwise he is indeed gone

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I watched Hamilton's onboard video. These guys must have necks made out of carbon fiber. 200kph turns. Incredible.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Awesome job Max!
Good to see both red guys on the podium!
What happen to the Benz boyz finishing last, missed the race.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Ahh, I see a first lap crash.
Hamilton made a pretty stupid decision right there 30 seconds into a race.
Wish I could see the meeting after that one.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
and with 16 more grandprix to go ,max having 38 points and rosberg 100 anything is still possible this season .
Maybe the Mercedes drivers were a bit afraid of the Redbulls:D

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Nico went way off the racing line to squeeze Lewis into th kitty litter. He didn't need to do that...especially on the first lap of the race.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Nico went way off the racing line to squeeze Lewis into th kitty litter. He didn't need to do that...especially on the first lap of the race.

After watching the replay I am giving it a 50/50 fault, neither one needed to do what they did and they both payed.

You cant win the race if you don't finish, you have to take care of your equipment.

On a side note at our dealership if the race falls at semi-human hours we hold private viewings of the race at the store for our clients. We have a high-end integrator in the area come in and set up a projector and multi-channel system to watch the race, its pretty cool.

Would be better if we could get the red guys to win! ;):eek::p

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
All the right choices in the rain set up gave him the car to have confidence, fantastic run for the young lad.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing