Favorite pillow?

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
So what's your favorite pillow? I'm between pillows right now... ha. I use one but the most comfortable I've but my head on seems to also make me sleep poor for unknown reasons now. Maybe I don't like latex (I don't get skin irritation to it though or anything like that), I'm not sure. But I thought I'd see what you guys use.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
What do you use the pillow for?

Reactions: ddk

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
What do you use the pillow for?

I'm not 100% sure where it's from, and even less what model/brand it even is... I think it dates back to a girl long gone from my life. I just started using it because I was having sleep trouble that I'm not completely sure was tied to the uber comfortable pillow.

It could be described as kinda flat and hard :confused: I just haven't bothered to think about it much till now.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Hm I thought we’d have strong opinions, like with most things audiophiles have choices on.

I can say that weird shaped pillows never worked for me, typically made of a foam; the ones with cut out or that are slopped. Buckwheat is too noisy, unsure if it could provide good rest. I’m allergic to down so I avoid those. I had a wool pillow for awhile which starts out wonderfully but then becomes super flat with no give.

Cheap polyfill usually starts out great but becomes worthless very quickly for support.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Interesting thread as I have been having trouble getting the right pillow for the past years. Many pillows gave me a neck ache running up my head and eventually became migraine. I found one time a great pillow at a hotel in Tokyo but they wouldn't sell to me. It was goose down with perfect density for me. All health designed pillow gave me neck ache.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I don't use a pillow. Flat on the bed.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Interesting thread as I have been having trouble getting the right pillow for the past years. Many pillows gave me a neck ache running up my head and eventually became migraine. I found one time a great pillow at a hotel in Tokyo but they wouldn't sell to me. It was goose down with perfect density for me. All health designed pillow gave me neck ache.

Well, if it was THAT good, you just take it and let them bill you... then you bought it. Maybe not ethical but name things you wouldn't do to get rid of migraine!

You might like the pillow I linked. If you got high loft but plush. (if you sleep on side)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Guys this is pillow, not hifi. Should not take long to get and shouldn't give you a migraine.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Not a fan of solid foam or gel-foam. Tried many different down pillows, some rather pricey. Several were quite comfy but all went flat and lost support within a year. Went with the up-level MyPillow - kinda meh at first but now I like. Going on 2+ years now.

Reactions: Folsom

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Which hotel?

Reactions: Folsom

Mark (Basspig) Weiss

Aug 3, 2010
New Milford, CT
www.basspig.com
My favorite pillow is the feather pillow I bought in 1962. I had it til about 2000. My wife threw it out because it had perspiration stains. I've bought other feather pillows since 2000, some as costly as $70, but none were really soft, nor had enough feathers inside, nor the right type. I prefer downy feathers, not flight feathers in my pillows, as the former don't put pressure points on the side of my face. I really do miss my old pillow!

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
The Ritz.
If you mean Ritz Carlton Tokyo, that brand is owned by Marriott. If you can buy the entire bed (known as the Heavenly Bed) of the W Hotel (also owned now by Marriott since they took over Starwood Hotels)...you can probably find someone who can help you buy the pillow. I think Four Seasons can also arrange for the entire mattress, etc to be sold and delivered to you.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Buckwheat pillows. They feel cool around the and you can form it to fit the arch of your neck by pushing the buckwheat around. Very comfortable.

david

Reactions: marmota and Folsom

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Buckwheat pillows. They feel cool around the and you can form it to fit the arch of your neck by pushing the buckwheat around. Very comfortable.

david

I knew you'd prefer something not strictly conventional, and was hoping for your answer. I agree about the coolness factor but the noise for me is too much. My brother on the other hand slept on one most of his childhood and loved it.

Malacology

Aug 1, 2020
Of course it is the Snuggledown Scandinavian Duck Feather & Down Pillow, the best one I have used so far.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I don't use any pillow at all. For some reason there is something in my neck that gives me a headache if my head is elevated slightly off the mattress.

Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I don't use any pillow at all. For some reason there is something in my neck that gives me a headache if my head is elevated slightly off the mattress.

Yeah I don't either. Great minds lie flat

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing