feet or cones under power amps

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Hi,
I am thinking about putting my 360s on cones, feet, pads or....
Who has their power amp(s) lifted by one of those and which ones do you recommend?
Thank your for the input!
Wim

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I use isolation platforms. Having said that, some amps benefit from them more than others. Some like my Levinsons made no audible differences whatever I place them on. With my tube amps and hybrids, using different materials from wood, granite and acrylic did make differences.

What amps are you using?

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
I use isolation platforms. Having said that, some amps benefit from them more than others. Some like my Levinsons made no audible differences whatever I place them on. With my tube amps and hybrids, using different materials from wood, granite and acrylic did make differences.

What amps are you using?

The 360 mono's.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Hi,
I am thinking about putting my 360s on cones, feet, pads or....
Who has their power amp(s) lifted by one of those and which ones do you recommend?
Thank your for the input!
Wim

Two I'd look into are the Wave Kinetics footers or the Silent Running stands.

naturephoto1

May 24, 2010
Breinigsville, PA
www.nelridge.com
Each of my shelves in my Adona Racks are isolated. Each of my amps is sitting on 4 of the Herbies Audio footers called Iso-Cups with Lampblack Balls and Hi-End bases.

http://herbiesaudiolab.net/compfeet.htm#more

http://herbiesaudiolab.net/isocup.htm

Rich

Last edited:

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I use Hockey Pucks and felt furniture pads.:)

John

MiTT

Jun 28, 2010
Thornton, Colorado
I use the Black Diamond Racing Cones (#3's) and Pucks under all of my electronics save for some custom stainless steel points under my Dodson Audio DAC that seemed to sound better. My BAT VK-6200 then sits on an Solidsteel amp stand (via the BDR's).

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Thank you all for your suggestions! The reason for my question is that I am going to put the whole shebang (set :p) into a great-looking sideboard of which I am going to rip out the back panel (to get easy access for the cables (like the Elrod snakes) and of course for the heat). Problem of the sideboard is that shelves are 40 cm deep. This means that the amps cannot rest on their own four feet if I still want to close the front doors of the sideboard. Putting the amp on some nice high-end feet would solve this problem ánd hopefully improve the sound.
Anyone using the Finite Ceraballs/ Cerapucs or Cerabase? They look like the real thing from an engineering aspect.

Adimon

Jan 4, 2011
Hello Nirodha,

I use Ceraballs under my spectral gear.
This is a great improvement for little costs.
The sound becomes faster an cleaner.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing