Feets/platforms experiences under your TADs...

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
I also use wellfloat delta but not directly to R1 spikes.
the base of the TAD R1 is on the 7cm plywood and the plywood is spiked on the wellfloat

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
All my equipments are now supported by wellfloat platform/delta. The next will be replacing spike bases under SRA rack with wellfloat

Reactions: Amir

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
21D56CA9-C54D-462C-BEBF-A9E41DDAF69F.jpeg
I recently changed to delta extreme under CR1. Very happy with the result.
Unlike Harmonix which I used before, these are not altering tonal balance while elevating the SQ

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
I love Japan products

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
View attachment 124594
I recently changed to delta extreme under CR1. Very happy with the result.
Unlike Harmonix which I used before, these are not altering tonal balance while elevating the SQ
Congratulations !!!!
I’ve tried a lot footers under my CR1s i always have find they change tonal balance, given them more air and mid to high energy at the trade off of lack of bass.
CR1s are not full range and isolation/damping never have worked in my system.
What is being your experience?
Why haven’t you tried this model to play with spikes?
Now, with my new Perlisten D15s maybe it is time to play again with footers…. :)

IMG_6661.jpeg

Reactions: Amir

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
Congratulations !!!!
I’ve tried a lot footers under my CR1s i always have find they change tonal balance, given them more air and mid to high energy at the trade off of lack of bass.
CR1s are not full range and isolation/damping never have worked in my system.
What is being your experience?
Why haven’t you tried this model to play with spikes?
Now, with my new Perlisten D15s maybe it is time to play again with footers…. :)

View attachment 124610

I prefer to place CR1 directly on the delta extreme. I have used delta non extreme with spike hole before, and I found that different spikes can alter the sound in my system. So decided to use without spikes to minimize the variables.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
I have no valid information about vibration control and also my experience is limited in this area.

My floor is concrete/stone and spikes were not good for two speakers in my room (TAD R1 and Wilson Alexandria).
TAD R1 manual recommends to put speakers on the floor without any spikes.
Living Voice horns are also not spiked (the spike you see under living voice is under the base module not the speaker body) .
Audio Note UK also does not use spikes .
Jim Smith in his book recommend to use soft material under spikes.
It seems Spikes tight up the bass but kill the midrange.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing