Fidelizer on Windows 10 v1903 (May 2019 Update) and v1809 (October 2018) Update Report

Windows X

Feb 28, 2011
www.fidelizer-audio.com
Hello everyone. I’ve finally updated to Windows 10 v1903 and I have high expectations for this update because it shares the same kernel base 19H1 as Windows Server 2019 which sounds really really good. I also forgot to update v1809 too due to being so busy at that time so here we go!

First, I’ll start with October 2018 Update. As l highly praised Spring Creators Update (v1803) being back to good sounding one again, this October 2018 quickly fell behind to the point I consider it worse than Creators Update. Though v1809 still some what more neutral tonal balance, its performance was rather disappointing.

Bass in v1809 is a bit veiled and blurred with some sort of distortion. Midrange isn’t as expanding as previous v1803 and sound a bit thinner too. I wouldn’t say this degradation is as worse as from v1703 to v1709 as this is still some what acceptable and still considered better than v1703.

Now that v1903 is out, the first improvement I noticed was it’s much smoother and I can perceive much more micro detail. Bass is more vivid and deep with great clarity as I used to hear when Windows 10 first released before. Midrange is fuller and more expanded though it’s little thinner than v1507-1511. Treble is very crispy with fine details, it might be the best Windows 10 in this regard alone so far.

Though I still prefer more solid dynamics in Threshold line a little bit more but this 19H1 base really comes close and may have finer details to make up so I’ll put both v1511 and v1903 on second rank together.

1. Threshold (v1507) – By very small margin
  2. Threshold 2 (v1511) / May 2019 Update (v1903)
  3. Spring Creators Update (v1803)
  4. October 2018 Update (v1809)
  5. Creators Update (v1703)
  6. Fall Creators Update (v1709)
  7. Anniversary Edition (v1607)
This is the best update after Threshold line for sure. I highly recommend every audiophile to apply this Windows 10 whenever possible and don’t forget to re-apply Fidelizer Pro optimizations after major Windows Update to make sure Fidelizer is running with 100% optimizations. :)

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
For the last few days I have been checking for the 1903 update. Today after installing a Defender update a notification appeared to say the 1903 update was available.
The download took about 30 mins, the install about 90 mins and then another 30-40 mins for the restart and final stages so about 2.75 hours in all.Everything went smoothly and will post later on how it goes.

Reactions: Windows X

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing