Fidelizer on Windows 10 v1909 (November 2019 Update) Update Report

Windows X

Feb 28, 2011
www.fidelizer-audio.com
Hello everyone. Windows 10 v1909 update was out on another day. It still has the same kernel base 19H1 so 20H1 will not be out any time soon. Usually when they launch minor update from v1x03 to v1x09, it usually sound worse so I hope it’s not that bad.

Now that v1909 is updated, the first impression I noticed is more mid-bass being present. It may sound little smoother but significant level of micro detail and transparency are lost. Bass is also a bit excessive affecting midrange as well. If you’re a serious audiophile, you should stay with v1903.

On positive notes, this update can provide more synergy and fun factors for entry to mid level systems. v1903 was awesome and has very high potentials with optimizations on server kernel tweaks. v1909’s excessive bass was hard for me to praise though.

1. Threshold (v1507) – By very small margin
  2. Threshold 2 (v1511) / May 2019 Update (v1903)
  3. Spring Creators Update (v1803)
  4. November 2019 Update (v1909)
  5. October 2018 Update (v1809)
  6. Creators Update (v1703)
  7. Fall Creators Update (v1709)
  8. Anniversary Edition (v1607)
This is the best update after Threshold line for sure. I highly recommend every audiophile to apply this Windows 10 whenever possible and don’t forget to re-apply Fidelizer Pro optimizations after major Windows Update to make sure Fidelizer is running with 100% optimizations. :)

petemccollister

Apr 14, 2023
Thanks for the update on Windows 10 v1909. Sounds like it's got some pros and cons. Bummer to hear about the lost micro detail and transparency with the excessive bass, but hey, at least it's still fun for entry to mid-level systems, right? I've been rocking v1903 and it's been solid, so maybe I'll stick with that for now. Gotta make sure to re-apply Fidelizer Pro optimizations though, can't let that slip. And thanks for the heads up on the best update after the Threshold line! Definitely gonna keep that in mind. Also, don't forget to check out windows 11 pro key for some sweet upgrades, bro!

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing