Films by Quentin Tarantino & All that Comes with them ... the good, the bad & the ugly ...

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Quentin Tarantino is no ordinary film director. His films are oriented towards extreme violence and dark humor.
Hate him or love him it's all between.

Anything you want to share about any of all his films it's the place right here.
And if you read something on the Internet that grabbed your attention, please share with us.

This is an open discussion about his films and the man behind them...anything influences and general impressions.

I didn't see his last film yet, but I've read some, and the ending ...
Some loved it others didn't..From my understanding his films can be controversial, and here it seems that it's no different.

The Charles Manson's story we all know. Quentin took a different approach to end his last film; Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. I've also read that he might be directing the next Star Trek flick ...

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Two very short articles I've read recently; the first one on the depiction of Bruce Lee's character in the Tarantino's film...Once Upon a Time in Hollywood...as told by Lee's daughter ... Shannon ...
https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.theguardian.com/film/2019/jul/30/bruce-lee-daughter-father-portrayal-quentin-tarantino-film-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood

... And the second one on Tarantino's films revelation in extreme violence against female characters ...
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/jul/23/cancel-quentin-tarantino-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood
_____

Extra: By the numbers ...
? https://www-forbes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/07/29/tarantino-dicaprio-pitt-robbie-hollywood-inglorious-basterds-django-thurman-kill-bill-sony-oscars-box-office/

$90 million is a lot of money for a talkie movie; the actors must have been amply rewarded.
And $110 million publicity from Sony sounds a little suspicious for a talking movie that cost less to make than advertise. But hey, this movie business never made any real sense on the culture of our society...in general. Or superhero comic books would dominate the state of the affairs in the film industry, plus the violence in the gaming industry.

Last edited:

Recordsguy

Sep 6, 2015
I like his films because most of the characters die at the end,and it's done with reason as many of today's hero films have the hero escape just in time,but not Quinton..Hateful Eight anyone?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
All his films (nine) ranked highly with the majority of viewers and reviewers.
They all have something unique and common @ the very same time, a Quentin Tarantino's special signature ... including his 9th ...Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

I too like all his films for the powerful, impactful delivery in no less radical terms and style.
...Cruel sense of humor youth.

* In The Hateful Eight, @ the end we only had two extremely badly wounded dudes when the camera disappeared from them and the bed ... and then all black screen.
We are left with zero clue if they are going to make it another few minutes or not.
I doubt they made it to see another day; they were just slowly and painfully and most assuredly dying. In those days they didn't have 911, no ambulance, and there was no doctor on standby and neither an hospital nearby. They both lost considerable amounts of blood, and I didn't see a first aid kit in the bathroom or kitchen. I think they were both cooked by that bed soaked in blood and guts and balls.

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
All his films (nine) ranked highly with the majority of viewers and reviewers.
They all have something unique and common @ the very same time, a Quentin Tarantino's special signature ... including his 9th ...Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

I too like all his films for the powerful, impactful delivery in no less radical terms and style.
...Cruel sense of humor youth.

* In The Hateful Eight, @ the end we only had two extremely badly wounded dudes when the camera disappeared from them and the bed ... and then all black screen.
We are left with zero clue if they are going to make it another few minutes or not.
I doubt they made it to see another day; they were just slowly and painfully and most assuredly dying. In those days they didn't have 911, no ambulance, and there was no doctor on standby and neither an hospital nearby. They both lost considerable amounts of blood, and I didn't see a first aid kit in the bathroom or kitchen. I think they were both cooked by that bed soaked in blood and guts and balls.
Hateful 8 was my least favorite of his 9

Reactions: jeff1225

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
KB 1 is the QT film I really like. Pulp fiction might have inspired Guy Ritchie's films but I find the latter's Lock Stock and Snatch to be superior

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
KB 1 is the QT film I really like. Pulp fiction might have inspired Guy Ritchie's films but I find the latter's Lock Stock and Snatch to be superior

Those are cool flicks.

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I saw an article today where "journalists" recorded the disparity of spoken lines btwn male and female characters in the new film.

They did this twice. Good work.

No prizes for guessing the results. Yes, men speak more than women in the film.

As has been pointed out, Uma Thurman certainly dispatched more men as the lead in Kill Bill. But less dialog.

Pam Grier ran rings around the men in Jackie Brown. But talked way less than Michael Keaton.

Wokeness and QT are never gonna be bedfellows.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
If you really think Guy Ritchie surpasses QT, you really need your cinema privileges withdrawn.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
If you really think Guy Ritchie surpasses QT, you really need your cinema privileges withdrawn.

I like those two films more. I find QT ok as a Director.

Reactions: Folsom

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
True Romance - Best cast, seen this more times than I can count.

Dave

Reactions: NorthStar

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
There's no accounting for taste LOL.

Btw Folsom, I think your keypad may have jammed. Or you have Trigger Finger.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
GR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> QT

Ok, I want to hear everything you hate about Tarantino.
Go ahead, shoot it exactly the way you see it, I'm very open...we all are...it's our film culture; Tarantino is a big part of it...worldwide well-renowned film director...love and hate.

First this question; do you think some of his films (all) influence bad behaviors in our society in America today...the gratuitous violence, the vast amount of blood, his portraying style in writing, in directing, ...everything. Your opinion is important, all opinions are, no matter your level of disgust.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Say Quentin Tarantino is here right now; what would you like to tell him?

The question is for anyone who have something to say about his films, a particular one, all.
If we don't like a speaker we say it, if we don't like a music album we say it, if we don't like a film, a film director ...

It matters, everything matters.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing