finally updated my system pictures to include my new tt's, phono and cartridge.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
@Mike Lavigne ,
Can you please give the link to those great turntable lights you have?

Thanks!

love my lights; never get tired of how they look. playing with all my tt's in the dim light in my room is fun.

my exact light, the i-tower by Koncept, has been discontinued. mine has the row of LED lights. i have 3 of the i-towers. but last fall i added a 4th turntable, needed a 4th light, so had to buy a different but effectively the same light.....the Z-bar.

this one has a solid light across instead of the small LED lights. and instead of two buttons on the column it has a touch slider on the top. i prefer this top adjustment as reaching the two buttons on the column behind my tt's is more of a hassle.

what i had to do to make my new light look the same as my older ones was to buy a hole punch kit and take a roll of black electricians tape and make holes in the tape in the same pattern as the little LED lights on the older model. then carefully attach the tape. since the LED's don't get warm there is no issue with the tape getting hot and loose. it's been a year now since i did it and the tape is still tight. sounds complicated but took me about an hour. not a big deal.

one other issue is to make sure you get the light 'color' that you prefer. you can choose warm or cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: ack and jeff1225

Brucemck2

Member Sponsor
May 10, 2010
Houston area
Love seeing those old Walker damper pucks on your King/Cello! I‘ve still got a bunch of them and they remain efficacious.

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Mike has a tendency to "make it so".

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Have you figured out the best suspension for the cloaking device yet? Active? Passive? o_O
dilithium crystals of course; did you even need to ask?

just set them on the control panel and all resonance is eliminated. no smeared cloaking device for this human. my cloaking device looks and sounds.......drum roll..........................n a t u r a l. :rolleyes: :cool:

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Mike, it may look and sound natural, but it goes to warp nine. Or is it warp 11?

good question, Peter. i have no good answer.

sometimes i'm in a nine mood, and other times eleven. my own chaos going on i suppose. both numbers do get the idea across.

Last edited:
Reactions: PeterA

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
had to retake all my pictures; it's taken me all day even though i'm not completely finished. all three turntables are now listed, my CS Port phono, and my Etsuro Gold cartridge. the link is at the bottom of my signature, but here it is for those who need it easy.....

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/615

here is a little taste of the pictures......

View attachment 62023

View attachment 62024
View attachment 62025
Mike,

I remember these pictures when you first posted them, and just rediscovered them and am once again totally impressed. It must be an amazing exoerience.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Mike,

I remember these pictures when you first posted them, and just rediscovered them and am once again totally impressed. It must be an amazing exoerience.
hi Russ,

thanks for the kind words.

it is an amazing experience. lately i've gone through some rough, stressful, times in my job.....to where i did not even listen. i just read books (7 or 8 in the last 4 weeks) and sat in my room to escape any reality. my mind had to have something active to provide relief. the music could not do it. i could not access my 'zen' place. had trouble sleeping too.....many nights not at all. for over a month.:eek:

the last week i've climbed out from the 'dark place' at work, and........i've listened again, even had listening visitors twice in the last few days. i've reconnected to the music and my system and it seems fresh and new. i realize with a new perspective what a special privilege it is to spend time in my room. and i can never take the experience for granted.

we are all people living our lives.....and our music can make those lives better.

best regards,

Mike

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
That's good to hear Mike, your system is way too compelling to not to be able to enjoy it for any length of time.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
had to retake all my pictures; it's taken me all day even though i'm not completely finished. all three turntables are now listed, my CS Port phono, and my Etsuro Gold cartridge. the link is at the bottom of my signature, but here it is for those who need it easy.....

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/615

here is a little taste of the pictures......

View attachment 62023

View attachment 62024
View attachment 62025
That's a truly beautiful room Mike. I hope someday I get to listen there with you, maybe even with some surprise !

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
hi Russ,

it is an amazing experience. lately i've gone through some rough, stressful, times in my job.....to where i did not even listen. i just read books (7 or 8 in the last 4 weeks) and sat in my room to escape any reality. my mind had to have something active to provide relief. the music could not do it. i could not access my 'zen' place. had trouble sleeping too.....many nights not at all. for over a month.:eek:

the last week i've climbed out from the 'dark place' at work, and........i've listened again, even had listening visitors twice in the last few days. i've reconnected to the music and my system and it seems fresh and new. i realize with a new perspective what a special privilege it is to spend time in my room. and i can never take the experience for granted.

we are all people living our lives.....and our music can make those lives better.

best regards,

Mike
Mike,

I am sorry to just learn of your recent life struggles and its negative impact on your listening. I have had many struggles during the past14 months, especially from my TBI induced cognitive impairment. I simply did not recognize myself, nor feel like me.

As I was in the later stages of setting up my new ultimate system, I realized that the better I got the sound, the quicker I got absorbed into the music, and more importantly out of a possible/likely bad thought streams. There is no doubt that for me my system was a life saver and health promoter.

I hope you are feeling better and feel free to PM me or call if there is any way I can be helpful.

I thought of you last night when I agreed to replace my ZYX Optimum with a My Sonic Lab Signature Platinum. I either needed to re-tip the optimum or try something new like the MSL Signature Platinum which is supposedly better than the Air Tight Opus 1. Now that I am retired, I cannot spend like I once did. Although I should not be doing this, I keep thinking about how the Opus 1 in my Bergmann at Axpona was totally mesmerizing.

I look forward to your return.

russ

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
hi Russ,

best regards,

Mike

fyi.....i'm fine. as my post above from April 12th notes, i moved on from my 'rough' patch prior to that post now more than a month ago. my absence from WBF has nothing to do with those thoughts.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
i did finally update my Audiogon system pictures and gear listings again tonight. the last time i did it was Feb 2020, over 3 years ago. been getting many comments asking me to do this, so today i ignored my phone and outside distractions and got much of it done.

GONE----MSB Select II with Pro USB interface, Taiko Extreme, CS Port phono, -3- Studer A-820 tape decks, King Cello tape repro, and Saskia model two,

ADDED---along with fresh whole system pictures, ---Wadax Ref dac and server w/Akasa optical, Esoteric T1 tt with GIX clock, the silver EMIA phono corrector with silver MC trio SUT, Ampex twin ATR-102's and 2 sets of MR-70 preamps hot rodded by ATR Service Inc.---Andrey Kosobutsky.

still need to add info on the DaVa Ref, Primary Control FCL tone arm, Audio Technica MC-2022 cartridge and my 3 negative ION devices. i'm sure there are other details i'm missing. i'll try to get it complete asap. and will update pics of some holdovers when i get to it.

Last edited:

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
i did finally update my Audiogon system pictures and gear listings again tonight. the last time i did it was Feb 2020, over 3 years ago. been getting many comments asking me to do this, so today i ignored my phone and outside distractions and got much of it done.

GONE----MSB Select II with Pro USB interface, Taiko Extreme, CS Port phono, -3- Studer A-820 tape decks, King Cello tape repro, and Saskia model two,

ADDED---along with fresh whole system pictures, ---Wadax Ref dac and server w/Akasa optical, Esoteric T1 tt with GIX clock, the silver EMIA phono corrector with silver MC trio SUT, Ampex twin ATR-102's and 2 sets of MR-70 preamps hot rodded by ATR Service Inc.---Andrey Kosobutsky.

still need to add info on the DaVa Ref, Primary Control FCL tone arm, Audio Technica MC-2022 cartridge and my 3 negative ION devices. i'm sure there are other details i'm missing. i'll try to get it complete asap. and will update pics of some holdovers when i get to it.
Years ago I had a negative ion machine and after it ran for awhile i reanranged the room and when I pulled the furniture away from the walls the walls were black in a perfect siloutte of said furniture, hoping the technology has changeed in 30 years.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing