Florida Audio Expo 2020 Show Report by Positive-Feedback

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com
https://positive-feedback.com/show-reports/the-florida-audio-expo-part-4/
tac-1.jpg
An absolute semi-truckload of VAC, Esoteric, and Kronos equipment was on display in this monstrous room!
tac-2.jpg
The room was filled with people, who where absolutely digging the sound coming from the big Von Schweikert Ultra 11 loudspeakers.
tac-3.jpg
tac-4.jpg
Yeah, I know, The Royal Ballet Gala is an absolute audio warhorse, but it never sounded better than over the Von Schweikert Ultra 11!
tac-5.jpg
The Audio Company

Located in the main level Kilgore Room, I was particularly interested to see this setup. Based on all the after show reports following last year's Expo, The Audio Company room was consistently named best of show. Which really puzzled me; I live on the northwest outskirts of metro Atlanta, Georgia, near a small town (Marietta) with a hole-in-the-wall shop called The Audio Company. That regularly had some decent—but not too exotic gear on display. Come to find out, it was one and the same! This was undeniably the biggest room at the show, and it was no joke, showing off the monstrous Von Schweikert Audio Ultra 11 Loudspeakers (MSRP $300K!). Along with other Von Schweikert models, and a massive display of electronics from VAC, Esoteric, Kronos, and AirTight. The room was absolutely crawling with people, and the sound was pretty sumptuous!

After we returned to Georgia, we had lunch this past Wednesday on the Marietta square, and popped into The Audio Company, where I grilled the person manning the sales counter: "How exactly do you guys pull this off?" "What exactly do you mean?" was her response. I clarified that I couldn't figure how such a very small shop could command the largest room at the Expo; she responded that The Audio Company actually is comprised of two locations, including a large building that's adjacent to the shop, with equipment evaluations available there by appointment only. Who knew?
https://positive-feedback.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/cal-1.jpg

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Nice room for a show

Funny thing is i was in marietta last weeks monday /tuesday visiting or North american office / franklin gate way
I ve seen nice r down towns then atlanta by the way;).
May be next time i m there i ll call for an appointment :)

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing