Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com
http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/florida-audio-expo-2020/?page=3
_DSC4454 VonS All.jpg
The Audio Company (Marietta, GA)
At show after show, Leif Swanson and Damon von Schweikert expend considerable effort to provide a listening experience that's representative of the best high-performance audio can offer. At FLAX, Von Schweikert Audio installed its flagship Ultra 11s ($325,000) in a room of suitable size, powering them with four VAC (Valve Amplification Company) Statement 452iQ amplifiers ($75,000 each.) The remainder of the system, the total value of which makes it into the low seven figures, is detailed in my Best of Show designation below. Large-scale symphonic music had lifelike scale; on a solo piano recording, the instrument had palpable mass and volume. A Nils Lofgren concert recording—you know which one—possessed an uncanny sense of being there. I have no idea if Damon and Leif left Tampa with any new orders for Ultra 11s. But quite a few attendees left with a better understanding of what's possible with the playback of recorded music at the current moment.

Andrew Quint's Best of Show

Best Sound, Cost No Object
The Audio Company/Von Schweikert/VAC
exhibit (see above). A noteworthy listening experience for even the most jaded audiophiles.

Best Sound for the Money System
The most expensive component in the system, by far, was the RJS Acoustics MD6 subwoofer (OK, "bass augmentation speaker system") but, boy, did it ever elevate the performance of the well-under-$15k Magnepan LRS/PS Audio rig it was paired with.

Most Significant Product Introduction
Gershman Acoustics Grand Studio II
. A solid performer that touches all the audio bases admirably. A good value, as well.

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
Congrats! Reading Quint’s review, I feel like I was right there with him. ;):D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing