Florida Audio Expo 2022 is a go

audioquest4life

Sep 23, 2020

speshal

Mar 8, 2018
Houston, TX
www.youtube.com
I attended and uploaded a video of almost every room except one that was pretty bad.

Here's the recap video of what I found to be the best, but frankly the other videos and "surprises" video are worthwhile to check out since many new brands (or less common ones) exhibited at the show.

It was an A+ show without grading it on a COVID curve. I've been going to these for 20+ years and this was among my favorites for fun times, quality people and laid back vibe.

Almost none of the tired old audiophile music too, which was refreshing.

Reactions: Paret

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Well at least we agree on the Blue Hawaii/Stax combo. It remains to be seen whether either of us will put our money where our [ears] are.
Unlike him my decision was based on music I did not like.

audioquest4life

Sep 23, 2020
I attended and uploaded a video of almost every room except one that was pretty bad.

Here's the recap video of what I found to be the best, but frankly the other videos and "surprises" video are worthwhile to check out since many new brands (or less common ones) exhibited at the show.

It was an A+ show without grading it on a COVID curve. I've been going to these for 20+ years and this was among my favorites for fun times, quality people and laid back vibe.

Almost none of the tired old audiophile music too, which was refreshing.

I am glad you enjoyed the show for the things which interested you. During my two days, Friday and Saturday, the show was not overly crowded and rooms had ease of access. I only noted a few rooms where many people congregated. I am glad the show was a go, but it was not as crowded as the Capital Audio Fest (CAF) in Maryland back in November. Yes, the Covid environment probably took out the opportunity for some folks to visit, hence my perception of not many folks. Despite the hype, I was not enamored by the sound of the MBL Xtremes. My favorite room was the Classic Audio room.

Laid back...yes it was. Being scattered up and down 12 floors probably made it seem less full, but I still did not see many maxed out waiting in the lobby rooms.

Lots of streaming. I enjoyed the Wally Tools analog seminars, that was great for me.

speshal

Mar 8, 2018
Houston, TX
www.youtube.com
I wasn't at the CAF, but this show seemed on par with many other crowds I've seen at shows over 20 years.

You'll have spurts where the rooms are packed and spurts where there's plenty of room.

It may not have been recorded attendance, but the # of rooms were less, so it made it pretty similar to experiences of the past.

The key was the casual vibe and not a lot of the same old tracks. People seemed much more friendly and interactive. I'll definitely be back.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I think CAF was still in Covid recovery mode
Proof vaccine and mask were required.
All things being neutral i expect full recovery.
My hope is someone will step up and revive RMAF. The industry should take the lead.
I

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
He s a little off. He called the big VAC- VTL. Overall excellent coverage and stunning photography. There is a cameo appearance by Andrew Jones.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing