FM Acoustics 811 MKII Resolution series Amplifier. (rare)

Audiolimits

Industry Expert
Dec 31, 2017
Laughlin,Nv
www.audiolimits.com
Up for sale we have a beautiful FM Acoustics 811 MKII amplifier. This amp is in like new condition and was serviced in 2015 by FM Acoustics in Switzerland. We had FM Acoustics install the new LED lights like the 1811 has (replacing the older style light bulbs that burned out often). This amplifier performs flawlessly and has only been serviced by the factory. It will include a 3 meter pair of FM Acoustics Forceline 3 speaker cables as well. We have had many FM Acoustics amplifier which include 411 MKII, 611x, 711 MKII, 115 monoblocks etc. This is by far the best of them all. We are selling this amplifier for $64,000

A Few Specifications
Minimum Power Output:
900 W peak into 8 Ohms
1700 W peak into 4 Ohms
3000 W peak into 2 Ohms

455 W RMS into 8 Ohms
850 W RMS into 4 Ohms
1500 W RMS into 2 Ohms

Max. Output Voltage: 180 V pp.

Max. Output Current:
Absolutely unlimited peak current.More than 60A continuous per channel allows the FM 811 to drive any known load without any negative influence on the audio signal. No fuses, absolutely no form of current, voltage or any other kind of limiting.

Distortion: Average distortion: 0,005% THD
Gain: 30.5db

Bandwidth including Input Filter: (-3dB)
1 Hz to 60 kHz.
If required, internally settable to any frequency between 1 kHz and 60 kHz (Low-Pass) and
1 Hz to 1 kHz (High-Pass).

Risetime at Full Power: 3 us

Hum and Noise: (20Hz-20kHz).
Below full power typically: -115 dB
Min. unweighted: better than -100dB

Input Sensitivity:
1,2 V RMS for full output

Input Impedance:
At all level settings from balanced and unbalanced sources: 40 kOhms

Input Stage Common Mode Rejection:
100 dB typically, better than 90 dB at 50 Hz, even better at other frequencies.

Load Impedance:
No minimum impedance. Designed for 1 Ohm to 10'000 Ohm systems. Can drive any speaker impedance (even below 1 Ohm) with dynamic (music) signals without any limiting, compression or other negative effects on the audio signal. Despite this, the amplifier is fully protected against short circuits, open circuits and all other adverse conditions via a unique onboard computer that continuously surveys all important parameters.

FM 811 MKII inside.jpg FM811 MKII.jpg FM 811 MKII back.jpg

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Will watch this thread to see how it goes...i have now heard the 111 monos...nothing like the 811 i imagine...but a nice taste of the FM sound. Very nice indeed.

Audiolimits

Industry Expert
Dec 31, 2017
Laughlin,Nv
www.audiolimits.com
Will watch this thread to see how it goes...i have now heard the 111 monos...nothing like the 811 i imagine...but a nice taste of the FM sound. Very nice indeed.
Thank you! Yes we have owned the FM 111's and the 115's. This 811 MKII is in another league.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I can quite imagine. Having just bought the Gryphon Mephisto over the New Year and look around at a few options (lesser FMs, Boulder, Zanden and other Gryphons), I have to say this 811 MkII is truly a unique piece to be available. Best wishes with the sale.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing