Footers or foundation for Dartzeel 108

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Dartzeel seems to come with a thoughtful foot. But??? Had anyone tried footers. Or a particular stand that works well with the stereo version.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
the 108 does 'like' good footers and a solid rack. over the years my favorite footers with the 108 have been the Wave Kinetics A10 U8's.

but not tried some of the newer footers since i have not had a 108 for a for a few years. would expect most would probably do well such as the Center Stage and Daiza.

due to the very extreme build quality of the 108 it is not as needy for special treatment as some other gear. so don't stress about it too much. the 18NS is also like that. so it helps but is not critical.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeotrope

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Thanks Mike. I am in the process of configuring a rack with Symposium. Once I have that, I will try some footers. Part of the reason I pose the question is the rack I am designing needs to be about 30" max in height. I want to make sure I leave enough room for a footer and ventilation.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Just wanted to follow up here on DarTZeel and Daiza platforms? Has anyone tried them?
yes; the Daiza's do work with darTZeel, double-Daiza's even better, Daiza's on top of the Tana system even much better yet, but much more expensive.

it's a synergistic match. of course, this is assuming you have s solid rack or solid floor. if not; then you need to try it and see how it works.

btw; i do have 22 Daiza's in my system (at the moment i'm not using all of them)..

Last edited:

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
yes; the Daiza's do work with darTZeel, double-Daiza's even better, Daiza's on top of the Tana system even much better yet, but much more expensive.

it's a synergistic match. of course, this is assuming you have s solid rack or solid floor. if not; then you need to try it and see how it works.

btw; i do have 22 Daiza's in my system (at the moment i'm not using all of them)..
Thanks Mike.
I have a very sturdy wall/ceiling mount. Yes, I have about 1000 lbs of gear suspended from the ceiling and against the rear wall of my media room.
I have 2 Daiza's on order with my Extreme, so I will try them under the Zeel 108 and 18NS.
Thanks!

wil

Jul 22, 2015
Dartzeel seems to come with a thoughtful foot. But??? Had anyone tried footers. Or a particular stand that works well with the stereo version.
I'm using 3 Revopods and a Daiza platform on the Pre currently and will also use the same on the amp when it returns home. I place the pods close to the existing feet. You can also take off the stock soft footers easily if you want.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
I never bought the Symposium. I could not get it to fit in my custom configuration. I tried a variety of ways to land the amp. My ways are not the normal well funded audiophile ways. I ended up with a 1.5" thick plate of acrylic under the amp. The amp is on its own 2 front feet with the rear on a single footer. It did not like 3 footers as much as 1.

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
I would avoid footers if possible. It’s a sliding scale of investment for a chance at tuning the sound. Cardas myrtle wood footers are a few dollars and have a nice sound.

I know you are still interested in tube amps so I would enjoy your amp as made. Save your money for a new amp or component.

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Right, and Herve doesn’t recommend bases or footers anyway. The DarTZeel equipment is “end game” and no expenses were spared to design and build the pre-amp or amps.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing