For Lady Chau

Chau

Feb 20, 2018
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Chau, what carts and tables did you like? What music did you listen to?

Also, just to clear the air, did you miss bass due to the lack of woofers?
Dear Bonzo,
I love the Opus on Khun Tang’s new antique SME 3012A tonearn. I almost fell off my seat hearing the price he paid for the arm. Ok I should not praise it at all because now I want to buy one :) hopefully the price doesn’t increase even more :)

I didn’t miss the strong bass because Khun Tang wisely demo his favorite records that were amazing regardless of strong bass sound :) Kudos to you Khun Tang. I took pictures of all the vinyls he played for me today that were all so good. I love the most the vinyl by John Fahey - After the ball. I happen to love piano and acoustic guitar so he touched the weakest part of my heart today - Khun Tang :) I would never be able to afford the American Sound TT but I had fallen for it like love at first sight :)

Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Was this your first experience with SETs and horns, or have you heard other good set horns systems? What did you think of that style of presentation compared to Vitus Magico?

zerostargeneral

Apr 14, 2018
Dear Lady Chau,

The front end of the system playing above is the Indian signature into the Thomas Mayer D3a phono.

This particular phono is part silver part copper chokes and transformers.

Thank you Mr. Tang for showing Lady Chau the post.

Kindest regards,G.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Dear Chau, there is no point in saying you will buy only one or two records. Once you start listening to them, you will buy more, if required, you will start selling off gear to get some records. What you heard at Tang is the start. They get much, much better. I have recently been buying some myself. Gear will always be around. The records won't. Come to think of it, please just buy one or two

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Dear Chau,
also with your back hunched you are very beautiful

Dear Tang,Ked eat a lot with me,i think much more than when was with you,he loves Italian food,and also didn't told me even very good

Reactions: Chau

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Dear Chau,

Dear Tang,Ked eat a lot with me,i think much more than when was with you,he loves Italian food,and also didn't told me even very good

Gian, I haven't even written your report! You are THE Yoda. Your knowledge of gear can exceed Mike's, DDk's and the General's. Do you know how similar you guys are? The favorite speaker you would want is a 3 - 4 way horn, that no one makes well (most horn lovers would agree). You love Quads, and LS3 5a, just like the General. You were going to look at 2a3s, after demoing almost all amps that existed on the planet (which you usually demoed with most of your speakers triamped, going deeper than anyone else). The General's (and now Bill's and mine), favorite valves are 46, 45, and 2a3s. You were so close to getting 2a3s, and switched to CH Precision. Which produces the clean, distortionless SS sound that Mike's trip taught me about. You have helped your friends put together great systems. Guys like you and Pietro are leaders. Carlo's had the best price/value ratio in analog system I heard. I was just going to write Marty a note on Marco's Alexandria CH combo which was outstanding.

Most importantly, after experiencing a lot of gear, you don't go "I have seen it all and This is it", you keep exploring new avenues. You had Vyger in 2003! And now again, but you also have Torqeo and AF3 premium. You have SAEC, linear trackers, but also the new Basis.

Reactions: sujay

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I just counted the word fantastic, instead of very good, 9 times in Tang's report. Possibly must have been writing during a Thai massage

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
I just counted the word fantastic, instead of very good, 9 times in Tang's report. Possibly must have been writing during a Thai massage

Always a happy ending here guys

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Dear Ked,

I was joking too.

Chau

Feb 20, 2018
Dear Chau,

Dear Gian, you are so loving ??
I know you guys (Gian, Tang) are making fun of Bonzo but you love him. You keep having him as honored guest and you both always say very nice things of him to me. Plus you both envy his ability to travel everywhere and taste all the best systems like yours, Mike Lavigne .... so Bonzo, please take their words by the reverse. They love you ??

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I know you guys (Gian, Tang) are making fun of Bonzo but you love him. You keep having him as honored guest and you both always say very nice things of him to me. Plus you both envy his ability to travel everywhere and taste all the best systems like yours, Mike Lavigne .... so Bonzo, please take their words by the reverse. They love you ??

Thanks. I believe that. So when they feed me, it is because they love me and not because they want me to say their systems are more than very good

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
you both always say very nice things of him to me.

Chau, they might be trying to set us up. But I understand you felt Stradivarius was too exciting for you. By that logic, I won't be the right fit either.

Chau

Feb 20, 2018
Was this your first experience with SETs and horns, or have you heard other good set horns systems? What did you think of that style of presentation compared to Vitus Magico?[/QUOTE

Dear Bonzo,

I’ve listened to few horn systems before and never liked them. This is my first time that when I entered the room I thought “Wow I didn’t know these are so huge” :) They made me think the Magico M3 would be Monte Cristo Count and Khun Tang’s horns look like Princess Grace Kelly ??

For the music types that Khun Tang loves, I don’t think it’s easy to find better ( of course I haven’t got to listen to all the great systems in the world but this is one of the best experience in my life for sure). The sound that his system reproduces on a very good recording gave me goosebumps few times for how emotional and real the piano, guitar sounded. I am all about emotion so when a system gives me that, my heart attached to the music being played, I rave highly at once. The song Let Her Go by Passenger acoustic version sounded very natural yet very refined. In my system, even if Khun Tang gave me the same vinyl, I would never get to have this same emotion for sure. I am not good with using the right English words when it’s about the sound quality. I can only say how I feel listening to that system.

Vitus and Magico: If someone lets me buy new system at the same budget I would still buy the Vitus Signature and Magico S5MK2 because these bring me closest to analog that my small wallet can afford. Plus with all the various types of music I listen to, I can’t find other better combo. I won’t ever have the best sound quality in any particular kind of music but I have very good sound for them all, at middle budget.

Soon (I hope the manufacturer wouldn’t take forever to build my turntable) I will have the analog rig added in my system. I hope to be happy like Gianluigi or Audiobill ??

Last edited:

Chau

Feb 20, 2018
Chau, they might be trying to set us up. But I understand you felt Stradivarius was too exciting for you. By that logic, I won't be the right fit either.
You mean Stradivarius violin? I don’t recall saying anything like that :)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Chau

Feb 20, 2018
Dear Lady Chau,

The front end of the system playing above is the Indian signature into the Thomas Mayer D3a phono.

This particular phono is part silver part copper chokes and transformers.

Thank you Mr. Tang for showing Lady Chau the post.

Kindest regards,G.

Dear 5* General,

The sound is so good and full body and vocal was mesmerizing. I am so glad I’ve decided for Vyger. I would have loved to buy Thomas Mayer phono listening to your demos. But it is way too complicated for Vietnam. I had to buy the whole system from one source. It’s hard enough for a girl like me :)
Soon, after my wallet is recovered from the bankruptcy status, I will knock on your door for some great records ??,

Kind regards, Chau

Reactions: bonzo75

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Soon, after my wallet is recovered from the bankruptcy status, I will knock on your door for some great records ??,

Kind regards, Chau

With all the hearts you have been blowing, I am sure you will get a Christmas gift from the General.

Tang ;)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Chau... I understand you felt Stradivarius was too exciting for you. By that logic, I won't be the right fit either.

Dude. I almost threw up reading this. Dont flatter yourself.

Tang

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Dear Ms Chau,

I do not love Bonzo. He is the opposite of adorable if you meet him in person. In fact I think he is my past life karma that keeps coming back to haunt me. His beautiful athletic girl friend probably keeps him just for spotting her lifting in the gym or using him as punching bag.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing