VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
It looks like a must see

Finally, Steve, a movie I agree with you looks like a must see! And even if it turns out not to be a great movie, it certainly looks like a fun movie.

I had a replica Shelby Cobra 427SC (430hp pulling 2,600 pounds; no mufflers; no catalytic converters; registered and fully-legal thanks to the mercy of a car nut buried deep in the New York State DMV in Albany, NY).

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Well, I really hope the Ford and Ferrari are compared exactly alike. Same tyres, fuel, roads etc.

Are we "taken to the racetrack"?
Or is "the racetrack brought to us"?

I absolutely will not draw any conclusion as to which is better.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Lemans 1966

Reactions: ddk

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Lemans 1966

I've watched many historical archives on these races, the teams and the companies, much more interesting that the BS hollywood version in that trailer. All the typical cliche's, the fake genius, the fake bad boy and the fake fat suit, yawwwwwwwwwn!

david

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
But the actors here are very good

Reactions: ddk

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
I've watched many historical archives on these races, the teams and the companies, much more interesting that the BS hollywood version in that trailer. All the typical cliche's, the fake genius, the fake bad boy and the fake fat suit, yawwwwwwwwwn!

david

It's an 180 gram reissue David. Not as good as the original but sometimes better than nothing...

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
It's an 180 gram reissue David. Not as good as the original but sometimes better than nothing...
:D.
But in this case the original archives are available online and you don't have to see Damon or Bale's poor rendition of real world cool guys.
david

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
David

if anyone wants to know the feeling of driving at LeMans they need to get into your car and have you drive them along the backroads of Utah. I will never forget my visit to you several years ago when you took me to Bryce Canyon . All I remember is taking curves at speeds between 105-110 mph. I thought that was my last day on earth. While I was hyperventilating and praying in the front I recall your wife and daughters in the back seat happily carrying on a conversation like it was no big deal and they were used to it

Reactions: NorthStar and ddk

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
David

if anyone wants to know the feeling of driving at LeMans they need to get into your car and have you drive them along the backroads of Utah. I will never forget my visit to you several years ago when you took me to Bryce Canyon . All I remember is taking curves at speeds between 105-110 mph. I thought that was my last day on earth. While I was hyperventilating and praying in the front I recall your wife and daughters in the back seat happily carrying on a conversation like it was no big deal and they were used to it

LOL, they were born to it! You should have driven around with me in Bangkok, those were the rally and obstacle course days.

david

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I aged 20 years in that 2 hour drive. I saw my life flashing through my mind

When I first moved to Nevada...there were no speed limits. A friend of mine owned a original Shelby GT350H Hertz w/a Paxton super charger. Many a day we took the car out on highway 50 and the Pyramid highway doing 150+ mph. The car handled surprising well. There were many unofficial races or hot laps where the NHP looked the other way. I miss those times and of course Nevada has grown...it was exciting.

Reactions: NorthStar and ddk

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
David

What car?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing