forum is really really S - L - O - W---maintenance going on?

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
AGREED. It's been like that since last night over here.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
been slow lately, but today it's glacial.....

some sort of maintenance going on?

all other sites i go to are lightning fast.....and yes, i'm using Chrome.
maybe it's your network ;)

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
It’s been going on for 2-3 days. I’ve submitted a ticket but wonder if it is due to everyone being on their computers.

thank you for submitting the ticket. but no other sites i view have any speed problem at all in my experience.

maybe it's your network ;)

i'm sure that my network has singled out WBF to slow to a crawl and boosted all the rest to hyper speed.:rolleyes:

Steve Williams

thank you for submitting the ticket.

i'm sure that my network has singled out WBF to slow to a crawl and boosted all the rest to hyper speed.:rolleyes:

Yawn, I'm yanking your chain

Have a good day Mike

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Mike, this is normal, and it's going to get slower as we go.
And it's happening on many other sites too.
And it's happening on streaming too.

We live in a pandemic, so the Internet is very busy and many workers work from homes now.
Do the math. Plus some news outfits, TV channels, streaming channels are on the same boat.
Plus Google needs more bandwidth for important public recommendations during Corona critical boiling point.

Plus plus plus plus ... just Google it ... it's everywhere real slow ...
? https://www.komando.com/coronavirus/internet-streaming-issues/712205/

So yes, you are correct...it is also ...slow...here...very normal with what we are living right now.
I wouldn't sweat it...this is very small stuff compared to much slower things to come.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

analyzer

VIP/Donor
May 20, 2016
Torino - Italy
Confirmed. Slow, slow. Not only WBF...
Agree with North star, I suppose that all of us confined at home (especially here in Northwest Italy) are stressing the entire web.
It's a sort of test bench for central modems and fiber cables!

Reactions: NorthStar

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
It’s been going on for 2-3 days. I’ve submitted a ticket but wonder if it is due to everyone being on their computers.
If so, it would be happening with the other websites I visit but it is not.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
FWIW, Steve......and in no way am I complaining, just reporting.....it took about 10 or so seconds to click onto this thread. I do agree with you in that it's probably because of the increased traffic. The other sites I frequent do not seem to have this issue.

Hope all is well in Steveland.

Tom

Steve Williams

yes, I agree Tom

clicking onto threads is the slowest as well as clicking the buttons above the NavBar

Pinging the site is not an issue for me. Rather it is opening threads within the site.

. I have yet to get any response from them yet

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing