From My Piano Room

jazzdude99

Jul 10, 2021
Hi All

my wife Sonya has a small YouTube channel called “From My Piano Room”, which she started during the pandemic, as opportunities for recitals dried up. She got her training at the Juilliard School in NYC and has performed around the world in solo and group settings.

She has been published a new video this weekend of the Andalucía, Suite Española by Ernesto Lecuona.

You will see her first introduce the piece followed by the performance. These are recorded in our living room on her Hamburg Steinway model A.

if you enjoy the piece, please explore the other works and of course Like and Subscribe!

Andy

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Wonderful!

Reactions: jazzdude99

jazzdude99

Jul 10, 2021
Thank you guys - means a lot to Sonya and I. And Peter you and the guys would be very welcome - Sonya is doing the Tchaikovsky piano concerto with a local orchestra in the spring!

• Love
Reactions: RCanelas and PeterA

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Hi All

my wife Sonya has a small YouTube channel called “From My Piano Room”, which she started during the pandemic, as opportunities for recitals dried up. She got her training at the Juilliard School in NYC and has performed around the world in solo and group settings.

She has been published a new video this weekend of the Andalucía, Suite Española by Ernesto Lecuona.

You will see her first introduce the piece followed by the performance. These are recorded in our living room on her Hamburg Steinway model A.

if you enjoy the piece, please explore the other works and of course Like and Subscribe!

Andy
I have subscribed Sonya's youtube channel at once.
Thanks so much!

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Beautiful room & beautiful music and last but not least a beautiful wife.
You are a lucky guy!

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
@jazzdude99 Would you care to share the details on the recording chain/method? Just curious ;)

Paret

Jan 1, 2022
Amazing!
Liked and subscribed.
Thanks for sharing.

jazzdude99

Jul 10, 2021
@jazzdude99 Would you care to share the details on the recording chain/method? Just curious ;)
Hi Solypsa

it’s a pretty basic set up - a pair of Audio-Technica AT4041SP microphones into a Sound Devices MixPre-3 microphone preamp/digital recorder, connected with Mogami cables. The camera is a Panasonic LUMIX G for the more recent videos, but the earlier ones were just done with iPhones. We have a proble with the floor shaking on the earlier videos, the Linux has stabilization which helps a lot.

She does the editing using Final Cut.

Cheers

andy

jazzdude99

Jul 10, 2021
My wife Sonya has been doing some composition recently - just a handful of pieces at the moment, although she is working on having enough pieces for an album. These are a diversion from her classical repertoire The plan is to make these available on all your favorite streaming platforms.

the piece below “Rain on Fire Ireland” has been on a list on YouTube music for the last month or so with 18k plays, which is fantastic. Will give you an idea of what she is writing

Hope you enjoy it and please add to your playlists

Andy

Pacha

VIP/Donor
Apr 23, 2014
Very enjoyable, I will listen to more as time permits.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing