FTA (Final Touch Audio) Callisto USB cable

Yucca

Nov 19, 2017
France
I don’t know about Christian Puunter, even if Meridian wasn’t really so bad 10 years ago against other challengers at the same price or so...

About the Callisto, I think I hit at least the 100h mark, so maybe I have to wait 2 or 3 more weeks, and the best is coming, but still very satisfied, and by far the best usb cable I’ve ever heard. Better than the Curious, and way better than all others I tried (did not owned very expensive ones before -> IFi, Paul Pang, jCat, Oyaide and some others between 100-400€/$)

Reactions: s_c and christoph

rjs

Jun 2, 2015
Worcestershire, UK
I have two FTA Callisto's due to my USB reclocking via the Ideon 3R... I cannot truly fault them tbh. Naturally ymmv, but they're keepers for me.

NEXTLEVEL5

Apr 23, 2019
I placed an order for the FTA cable and it should be arriving on Monday. It was above my initial budget but after seeing the feedback I really wanted to try it out. I will post my thoughts after burn-in has completed and I've had time listening to the setup.

Reactions: christoph and Golum

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
I don’t know about Christian Puunter, even if Meridian wasn’t really so bad 10 years ago against other challengers at the same price or so...

About the Callisto, I think I hit at least the 100h mark, so maybe I have to wait 2 or 3 more weeks, and the best is coming, but still very satisfied, and by far the best usb cable I’ve ever heard. Better than the Curious, and way better than all others I tried (did not owned very expensive ones before -> IFi, Paul Pang, jCat, Oyaide and some others between 100-400€/$)
How is the transparency v the Curious. I don't want to step down in detail from my Curious to another cable. Other cables I have tried can be as transparent, but end up sounding clinical or lacking weight and realistic timbre. The Curious is the best I have found so far.

reverendo

Mar 10, 2014
Dallas, TX
How is the transparency v the Curious. I don't want to step down in detail from my Curious to another cable. Other cables I have tried can be as transparent, but end up sounding clinical or lacking weight and realistic timbre. The Curious is the best I have found so far.
I have the chance to compare the Curious to the Lightspeed 10G, which was my reference cable until recently. Curious sounded veiled, rolled off and diminute compared to the 10G. Not bad, but clearly two categories below.
The Callisto replaced my 10G by bettering it in all sonic criteria that I evaluate. It was a full category above. I believe you would be in for some surprise.

Reactions: christoph

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Interesting. It is this quote in the hifi advice review that is holding me back from ordering it.

The Curious USB cable does not have the sonority, bass solidity and rich midrange of the CAD but it is so upbeat, energetic and enthusiastic that it trumps the others, including the Callisto, in terms of “rocking out hard”.

I really don't want to drop any details or transparency. My speakers and LCD4 headphones are bang on for response at the moment detail and treble wise. If I shift down a gear, it will be in the 'for sale' bin like the Phasure Lush and AQ Titanium.

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
Greeting from Singapore. Where to order the Callisto USB cable?

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
PM Golum, he will sort you out. Great guy.
I am expecting my Callisto USB to try with my Aries Cerat Kassandra DAC. Will report back here. Getting excited...
Thanks for nice words Astro!

ngamountains

Apr 24, 2018
PM Golum, he will sort you out. Great guy.
I am expecting my Callisto USB to try with my Aries Cerat Kassandra DAC. Will report back here. Getting excited...
I will pile on here as another who has been reading all this wonderful feedback about this cable. Why are repeated inquiries as to how/where to buy it NEVER answered in clear fashion, as if this information is the domain of only members of a secret club?

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
No problem. There is a nice cluster of innovative audio companies in Eastern Europe. FTA seems like one of them.
I will pile on here as another who has been reading all this wonderful feedback about this cable. Why are repeated inquiries as to how/where to buy it NEVER answered in clear fashion, as if this information is the domain of only members of a secret club?
Oh my....
https://www.finaltouchaudio.com/dillers
No secrets.....

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
I believe/ed that the post no.25 was obvious enough that you can get it from me and I did not want to shout more than that. If someone is interested I guess/ed it's rather easy to find where to get it. Anyhow now I believe it is very clear. As @astrostar59 wrote, you can get more info on www.finaltouchaudio.com and see who to contact.

Cheers;
G

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH

NEXTLEVEL5

Apr 23, 2019
The cable came in today and holy crap it's already a noticeable upgrade over the Pangaea USB cable it replaced. I truly wonder how good it will get after break-in. Right off the bat the sound stage is more expansive. Also hearing background details I did not pick up before but most importantly the music just sounds more realistic. I will post more thoughts after I have more time with the cable.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
The cable came in today and holy crap it's already a noticeable upgrade over the Pangaea USB cable it replaced. I truly wonder how good it will get after break-in. Right off the bat the sound stage is more expansive. Also hearing background details I did not pick up before but most importantly the music just sounds more realistic. I will post more thoughts after I have more time with the cable.
Told you ;)

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015

I'm glad we're off to a great start, my friend! The USB will continue to improve significantly as you accumulate some hours as well. :)

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
I am pitching mine against the Curious, the Phase Lush, and AQ Diamond. Of those the Curious is best IMO.
I'll report back once it lands in a few days.

Reactions: Golum

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
I am pitching mine against the Curious, the Phase Lush, and AQ Diamond. Of those the Curious is best IMO.
I'll report back once it lands in a few days.
Let the games begin :D

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Reactions: LampiNA and Golum

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing