FTA (Final Touch Audio) Callisto USB cable

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
WBF-Newsletter-December-callisto.jpg

Shameless but I am the ditro for FTA cables here in Southern Europe. Ping me if you want more info. BTW the Callisto is awesome, I love it.

nortberg

Nov 25, 2018
I just bought the Callisto the other day after using it in my system for the last month or so. It def made a massive difference.
Added a pair of C-Marc Lessloss RCAs. Quite the cable upgrade for me!
Sorry for going OT but how do you find the C-MARC's performance?

Monsterzero

Jul 10, 2019
Sorry for going OT but how do you find the C-MARC's performance?
I really like the C-Marc. I had seven RCA cables in my home at the same time,ranging in price from $35.00 up to $1000.00
I had a difficult time choosing which RCAs I should go with,but in the end the Callisto+C-Marc was the best sound overall for my system.

I did a video review of the cable shootout. Keep in mind my primary focus are headphones,and my comments made in the review about how the cables impacted the sound of my nearfield 2.1 system are based upon using entry level speaker cable,which im in the process of upgrading.

Actual review begins @7:15

Last edited:
Reactions: Legolas and Golum

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Reactions: Monsterzero

johndoe21ro

Oct 3, 2012
Europe
When you compare USB cables do you just do it on the fly without powering down and equipment? One should certainly mute things but I don't think I need to turn anything off, correct?
As far as I know USB is not plug and play... especially USB audio! Better turn the gear off before swapping USB cables for comparison purposes!

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Audiostream has the FTA USB included in the 2019 Editors choice awards in the $500-2500 USD category.

Nice. The Callisto a genuine high and audio component, and affordable at that! In fact a bargain upgrade. Don't forget they also do superb Ethernet, RCA, XLR and Power cords. High end cables at real world prices.

home-page-back.jpg Callisto.jpg ethernet-black.jpg Ethernet0-gold.jpg Gold-mains-two.jpg gold-RCA-XLR.jpg mains-black.jpg

Yucca

Nov 19, 2017
France
Hello astrostar,
How does the Matis FTA lan cable compares with other competitors in his price range, like Sablon Panatela or SotM cat 7 ?

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
I am a big fan of FTA Callisto usb cable which I use for over 1 year , unpowered version, bought sh from Goran ( Golum).
It is a fantastic cable with very dark backround and palpable presentation , I would say on slightly warmer side.
Two month ago a young Polish engineer asked me to try his usb cable in my system.
I did not expect too much but the reality surpassed largely my expectations. In my system is even more precise , with even better than Callisto 3 D soundstage and quiter backround.
Very neutral timbre.
I decided to get one, the price for unpowered version is around 400 euro in Poland.
Will keep both - Callisto and Audio Phase usb, this is the name of Polish small company.
I have no commercial interest in Audio Phase, just to be clear.

Reactions: christoph

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
I've gotta say, I'm really digging these cables in the white jackets. All of Zoran's work is beautiful, but I've got a batch of them coming like this:

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-02-19 at 10.02.18 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-02-19 at 10.02.18 AM.jpeg
    264.9 KB · Views: 31

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
As a heads up to those in the US, we have a few of these USBs in inventory ready to ship immediately via priority mail.

Being stuck inside doesn't have to be a drag--this is the perfect time to take your stereo to the next level.

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
I sold a Ganymede recently, with the 2020 spec and new plugs. I tested it in our system with Aries Cerat Kassandra and Genus SET, and it is a superb cable. Really natural and solid, with great details and timbre. It is the best interconnect I have heard so far, and is surpassing the cables we have heard at twice the price. I have it on a promotion at the moment.

The Elara also has the new ETI plugs.

https://ariesceratespana.com/shop/final-touch-audio-interconnects-sp/

c4d349d7-da5d-4211-abb2-8239f3f66b50.JPG

Kind regards
Julian

ctydwn

Aug 23, 2019
Very interesting. I had not heard of FTA cables until a few days ago from a trusted friend. Appears the FTA USB may be besting Nordost's top rung. Will need to hear this for myself soon!! Word is spreading

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing