VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello, Audire and good morning to you. For the typical consumer or those that rely on measurements only to gauge good sound, keeping this would help. Since I personally rely purely on the sound and only buy if it sounds good (power ratings aside) in my kits? Not too important for me.

Case in point. I bought a TOTL Denon MCA's for a rig one time. Installed it and it went back to the retailer within hours. This was with the current power rating still in place. Point being, in my case? The consumer rated power didn't make a difference to me. The end result as to what hit my ears did . FWIW.

With that said, it is always good to have standards IMO.

Tom

Reactions: Audire

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
While I am sure this is a low priority for the Biden administration it is their general intent to slow walk deregulation. Perhaps they will reconsider. In my limited experience putting it out for comment means they have already made a decision subject to modification. It is rare that comment leads to cancellation.
Despite initial objections I think these rules help the industry and fostered consumer trust.
IMO Caveat Emptor is one of the biggest failures of the American justice system.

Last edited:
Reactions: Audire

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing