Full Limited Edition Aries Cerat System Build and World Exclusive LEGEND Series!

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Well since are the the subject might as well show you all my room and gear. We can see how much about my system you can tell from this picture.

Read em and weep....

bose_soundlink_air_portable_airplay_speaker_system_1.jpg

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas
Well since are the the subject might as well show you all my room and gear. We can see how much about my system you can tell from this picture.

Read em and weep....

View attachment 40861

Looking at your system, I can tell that you have a large channel imbalance, as the iPhone is a much better speaker than the Bose.

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Looking at your system, I can tell that you have a large channel imbalance, as the iPhone is a much better speaker than the Bose.

Man, you don't pull any punches....

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I have quietly watched this thread for a few months.

It is nothing but a sales pitch, supposition and personal opinion.

Last edited:

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com

It is nothing but a sales pitch and opinion.

That is an interesting perspective. Care to elaborate further?

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France

It is nothing but a sales pitch, supposition and personal opinion.

I see your point, but don't agree with that idea here. I am loving the personal feedback from Billy who actually owns the system and is an experienced audiophile already. No problem for me here. It is rare to see a system build up in stages, and 'join' in the fun.

TBH it is also refreshing to have a 'newbie' manufacturer to the forum. We have all the usual makes, MSB, Lamm, dCS, Boulder, Wilson etc, no problem that is great. But this hobby is quite niche IMO, especially the upper levels of what is possible, and that is great to share on here, what forums are about.

WBF has controlled dealer / manufacturer inclusion as we know, no problem with that either in my book. I think it is transparent. Some forums don't allow that. Which route is best is open to opinion, but if controlled, I believe inclusion is best. For example Rob Watts (Chord) posts a lot on head-fi, and he is very knowledgable about digital, I find that very useful. Personally I rate discussions like these more highly than most magazine reviews, though they have merit as well. I have also enjoyed contact with manufacturers I have bought from in the past, for example Peter Q at Audio Note. It isn't always possible to speak to the head guy of a company as a client.

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Someone i can relate to,
commissioning the sort of system i might buy,
installed by the company's head honcho

No, nothing to see here at all :p

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Indeed, a strange perspective from one whose system comprises the most heavily marketed, USDM kit.
I suspect someone feels threatened by the iconoclasm of this thread

Last edited:

tkcha

Apr 11, 2018
one thing I wanna say about this forum very hard to coming in and be noticed , be friended on less you have mega system. Seems like everybody knows each other and then.... ?

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
I would say that either technical knowledge or dedication to finding what's best are as valid as a mega system

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
And since it's a given that 'best' will mean different things to different people
And there's more than one way to skin a cat
a variety of perspectives seem to be welcomed :)

There's thriving sub forums on thrifty, vintage and diy hifi, and since a lot of the good stuff is merely ponced up versions of classics
(Speaking as the owner of a ponced up classic turntable)
It certainly doesn't have to be about how much you spend, but you how address the myriad of compromises of life in an interesting way to achieve your own, personal result. Which may have owners of megabucks systems looking nervously over their shoulder
:cool:

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
one thing I wanna say about this forum very hard to coming in and be noticed , be friended on less you have mega system. Seems like everybody knows each other and then.... ?

Where are you based?
Thats usually the first point of reference.
Try starting a thread to introduce yourself :)

Billygxx

Nov 23, 2015
Welcome tkcha,

Infinitely Baffled says it so eloquently above. And to add "Your opinion is your opinion, your perception is your perception. Do not confuse them with 'facts' or 'truths'(John Moore).
I have friends on this blog and I own a megasystem and WBF still intimidates me. This thread however has been so much fun. Sharing in the build of my system has been wonderful. Despite popular belief, its brutally painful to spend a huge amount on a system and have it sound mediocre. So there is significant anxiety in the search for sound that truly makes you feel. Its so not all happiness. But sharing the joy in this blog though has been wonderful. Even the battles spawned by this specific thread that usually make me feel uncomforatable and have nothing to do with my system make me happy because they are on MY thread. I love it! I was probably the child who did not get enough love and craves even negative attention but oh well... The other day two audiophile friends just popped in to hear the system. Rick Shultz of High Fidelity let me try his massive and singular power conditioner and cables(they got rid of some serious noise on the phono). Sharing just makes everything better.
There have been some difficult events in my life and this build has been restorative and therapeutic. Yes, I have been experiencing music in a different way. Tubes and horns have allowed me to enjoy the music for hours without getting into audio critic mode. There was a comment posted on this thread about how its all a sales pitch and "personal opinion". Joshua who is the Aires-Cerat distributor felt very hurt by this comment. I am in the medical business so i do not sell audio gear. Hence the comments do not bother me. Of course this is my personal opinion. Does anything other than "personal opinion"actually exist? And Joshua IS trying to sell audio gear. That is how he supports his family. Nonetheless Aires-Cerat is still brillant and beautiful kit. Stavros is a very passionate and honest creator of music reproduction gear but if cant sell any of it, he will have to find another profession-which would be a loss to our community. Is Aires-Cerat the only way to achieve stereo nirvana? Of course not! Anyway, thankyou to all who have participated in my thread, positive or negative. Definitely makes the journey more enjoyable no matter what the final destination.

Reactions: Argonaut

BMCG

VIP/Donor
Oct 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Welcome tkcha,

Infinitely Baffled says it so eloquently above. And to add "Your opinion is your opinion, your perception is your perception. Do not confuse them with 'facts' or 'truths'(John Moore).
I have friends on this blog and I own a megasystem and WBF still intimidates me. This thread however has been so much fun. Sharing in the build of my system has been wonderful. Despite popular belief, its brutally painful to spend a huge amount on a system and have it sound mediocre. So there is significant anxiety in the search for sound that truly makes you feel. Its so not all happiness. But sharing the joy in this blog though has been wonderful.

+1...very well put....finding that combination of kit that elides bliss....indeed that is what we pursue...

part i find curious is the extent to which it is so individualistic...

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas
Welcome tkcha,

I have friends on this blog and I own a megasystem and WBF still intimidates me. This thread however has been so much fun. Sharing in the build of my system has been wonderful. Despite popular belief, its brutally painful to spend a huge amount on a system and have it sound mediocre. So there is significant anxiety in the search for sound that truly makes you feel. Its so not all happiness. But sharing the joy in this blog though has been wonderful. Even the battles spawned by this specific thread that usually make me feel uncomforatable and have nothing to do with my system make me happy because they are on MY thread. I love it! I was probably the child who did not get enough love and craves even negative attention but oh well... The other day two audiophile friends just popped in to hear the system. Rick Shultz of High Fidelity let me try his massive and singular power conditioner and cables(they got rid of some serious noise on the phono). Sharing just makes everything better.
There have been some difficult events in my life and this build has been restorative and therapeutic. Yes, I have been experiencing music in a different way. Tubes and horns have allowed me to enjoy the music for hours without getting into audio critic mode. There was a comment posted on this thread about how its all a sales pitch and "personal opinion". Joshua who is the Aires-Cerat distributor felt very hurt by this comment. I am in the medical business so i do not sell audio gear. Hence the comments do not bother me. Of course this is my personal opinion. Does anything other than "personal opinion"actually exist? And Joshua IS trying to sell audio gear. That is how he supports his family. Nonetheless Aires-Cerat is still brillant and beautiful kit. Stavros is a very passionate and honest creator of music reproduction gear but if cant sell any of it, he will have to find another profession-which would be a loss to our community. Is Aires-Cerat the only way to achieve stereo nirvana? Of course not! Anyway, thankyou to all who have participated in my thread, positive or negative. Definitely makes the journey more enjoyable no matter what the final destination.

Well put!

Sencha

Nov 11, 2013
U.K.
Welcome tkcha,

Yes agreed, very well put. The only thing I have not liked about this thread is only having the one sound clip of your system Billy, it sounds just sooooooo good and ALIVE! It's great to see/hear of a happy and balanced audiophile (they can be few and far between) and to me at least, you seem to be in that place. I cannot but say congrats on your system and hope you enjoy it for many years to come. I'd also ask for an invite round to hear it if the wasn't sever thousand miles of ocean between so please another sound clip if you have the inclination.

flyer

VIP/Donor
Dec 16, 2012
Belgium
Yes agreed, very well put. The only thing I have not liked about this thread is only having the one sound clip of your system Billy, it sounds just sooooooo good and ALIVE! It's great to see/hear of a happy and balanced audiophile (they can be few and far between) and to me at least, you seem to be in that place. I cannot but say congrats on your system and hope you enjoy it for many years to come. I'd also ask for an invite round to hear it if the wasn't sever thousand miles of ocean between so please another sound clip if you have the inclination.

+100 Billy

Sencha, If you want to hear a similar system (though I don't have the LE version of electronics :rolleyes:, just the Signature version ;) ), you are always welcome to come and listen to my place, located 15 kms East of Brussels. If you take the plane or the train to Brussels, I can come and pick you up with pleasure!

PS: yes, this is a sales pitch... and openly so. The number of persons I know that have been raving about certain products without ever declaring their affiliation to the manufacturer (and I include those that get product (almost) for free) are far more damaging I tend to think.:(

Sencha

Nov 11, 2013
U.K.
+100 Billy

Sencha, If you want to hear a similar system (though I don't have the LE version of electronics :rolleyes:, just the Signature version ;) ), you are always welcome to come and listen to my place, located 15 kms East of Brussels. If you take the plane or the train to Brussels, I can come and pick you up with pleasure!

PS: yes, this is a sales pitch... and openly so. The number of persons I know that have been raving about certain products without ever declaring their affiliation to the manufacturer (and I include those that get product (almost) for free) are far more damaging I tend to think.:(

Thanks for that Flyer but am a good thousand miles away from you as is. However I will keep your offer in mind should I be in the Brussels area.

Many thanks.

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas
Found this great picture of the system, posted by High Fidelity Cables elsewhere.

FB_IMG_1526697890371.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing