Furutech DPS-4.1 limited edition power cable vs Nanoflux power NCF

John T

Feb 15, 2022
Using it on the fridge is a good idea. It'll take several hundred hours to burn-in. Then, when you move it to your system, try to be as gentle as possible as bending it a lot or rough handling will set it back. Often, shipping a cable will require it to need burn-in all over again. Here's an adapter that will allow you to use the cable as an extension cord for whatever you like:

There's no way the DPS is going to compete with the Shunyata Sigma, it's not even close. The newest Shunyata cables are very good. DPS is a good value at ~$500/m but it does have some upper mid/high frequency coloration, a bit of a warmer bloom and isn't the clearest cable either. The Shunyata is far more expensive though.

On shielding, you want it connected to the wall plug only, not the IEC end.
I misspoke when I said shielding at the IEC, they were done at the wall plug. I didn't make them a friend did...

Reactions: DaveC

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
The final sentence is probably true: most Furutech cables need a lot af playing time for about 3 to 6 months. Also the case with my V1s. Sorry, cant comment on the shielding.
Sorry, but no PC cable I know of takes 3 to 6 months to burn-in. Suggest you consider other possibilities. I have made several DPS4.1 cables and they work beautifully after 24-48 hours. Then again, I do not use rhodium connectors (which may be part of the lengthy break-in trauma you are experiencing?)

Reactions: MTB Vince

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Sorry, but no PC cable I know of takes 3 to 6 months to burn-in. Suggest you consider other possibilities. I have made several DPS4.1 cables and they work beautifully after 24-48 hours. Then again, I do not use rhodium connectors (which may be part of the lengthy break-in trauma you are experiencing?)
I don’t have a trauma:cool:. Just describing MY experience, not yours;)

Reactions: marty

engadin

Apr 23, 2022
3 to 6 months?
I am not sure, but it took easily 2 or 3 months for dps 4.1 to break in here.

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
3 to 6 months?
I am not sure, but it took easily 2 or 3 months for dps 4.1 to break in here.
Maybe u are right. Maybe it depends on the set. One thing I do know is that many times I thought that a cable was totally broken in when it continued to get better less dramatically but noticeable after that. One more tip: don’t move the cable during break in. This helps. Good luck and try to enjoy the bumpy road to audio Nirvana as much as possible :).

Reactions: engadin

wackerd

Jul 28, 2023
Using it on the fridge is a good idea. It'll take several hundred hours to burn-in. Then, when you move it to your system, try to be as gentle as possible as bending it a lot or rough handling will set it back. Often, shipping a cable will require it to need burn-in all over again. Here's an adapter that will allow you to use the cable as an extension cord for whatever you like:

There's no way the DPS is going to compete with the Shunyata Sigma, it's not even close. The newest Shunyata cables are very good. DPS is a good value at ~$500/m but it does have some upper mid/high frequency coloration, a bit of a warmer bloom and isn't the clearest cable either. The Shunyata is far more expensive though.

wackerd

Jul 28, 2023

How would you rank the FT Nanoflux NCF compared to the Shunyata Sigma V2? Almost the same price level in Germany. And Shunyata obviously has a shorter burn-in time. Shunyata Omega is out of my budget.

RnRmf

Apr 29, 2015
I'm scaling back on audio cables and my Furutech Nanoflux & Nanoflux NCF power cables are now listed on Audiogon along with Acrolink/Esoteric's last flagship power cable at very attractive prices.

Check out my posts on the first page of this thread for my feedback about these cables!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing