Furutech DSS-4.1 Top Of The Line Bulk Speaker Cable

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
It looks like Furutech has a new bulk speaker cable out, called DSS-4.1. It is clearly a cousin of the very popular DPS-4.1 power cable. And to go with the new DSS-4.1, Furutech also now offers a nice high-quality set of cable splitters that fit the girth of this cable perfectly.

@DaveC - do you intend to give this cable a whirl? Color me curious.

Tecknik1

May 29, 2017
HCM VietNam
Yes they do, I've had the DSS-4.1 running the last 4 days with approximately 60 hrs on them. They started opening up a bit at the 20 hr mark and the first things I noticed about them was the solid images and saturation. At 60 hrs there still congested and nasal sounding.

Ive been trying to find more info on break in time to no avail. My local dealer here in Vietnam just got them so I wanted to try them with my full loom of SP55n PC and flex 50 NCF. According to the web page the DSS has NCF in the construction is what really made my mind up to try them. So far very happy. The 2.5m cost me a little over $3000.00 with Furutech 201 R spades on both ends.

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
Congested and nasal sounding at 60 hours. Let us know how it goes from this point forward.

What was your previous speaker cable?

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I'm not sure about giving this one a try...

I don't like the geometry, imo multiple smaller runs are better for speaker cable. The DPS sounds nice and is one of the best PCs for the money, but it's not perfect and I think these issues will be even worse as a SC... The carbon/ncf material alter the sound in a way the NCF connectors do not and I don't find it entirely natural sounding at times, and the cable has a warm bloom to the upper midrange that, while also nice, is not as accurate as I think it could be. The place I feel the DPS-4 is best used is modern speakers with hard membrane drivers and SS amps, in the context of these systems I feel the added warmth of the DPS-4 may result in a more realistic tone, but possibly at the expense of the most clear and clean vocals and strings you can get.

For power cables, my UPOCC copper PL power cable is clearer and more accurate vs the DPS-4 and I think the Harmonic Tech speaker cables I carry will be better vs the new Furutech DSS cable.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing