Furutech Flux 50 NCF

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Hello,

Flux-50-Filter.jpg
Anyone has tested the Furutech Flux 50 NCF ?

I have bought one for my Jeff Rowland CORUS.
Ohhh, I don't believe what I listen....This product is a big improvment in my system.
It's a astonishing product....The sound is more spacious and big 3D !!!

So I have bought a second and received it today...
I connect it in my CD player : Esoteric K-03XS...
I don't recognize my CD player...Now the sound is a better sound I hope...

I will buy other for my other products.

Hope this help.

Hope if you are agree or not...

Last edited by a moderator:

John57

Sep 29, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
Hi HKFF
I wonder how much impact this would make in my system. Let me explain more.
My electronics including my Esoteric gear K03Xs and F05 and all my PassLabs gear XA25/XP20 are completely internally treated for EMI and RFI including damping shielding etc. The treatments include painting wrapping damping materials etc. A proprietary mix of treatment that controls resonance from external and internal sources.
My power chords are treated in the same way. My power supply is via a treated Furman Elite Pfi20 SE.
I’ll try to attach some photos.
Despite all this treatment my Esoteric K03Xs still is way too sharp and analytical.
And so I might try one of these just in case this is the answer. AB427251-554B-4D2C-BEDC-569E4B564961.jpeg 760EAB36-B605-4AA5-A697-C2E43FC6722A.jpeg

Piotr_905

VIP/Donor
Oct 28, 2020
Hello,

Anyone has tested the Furutech Flux 50 NCF ?

I have bought one for my Jeff Rowland CORUS.
Ohhh, I don't believe what I listen....This product is a big improvment in my system.
It's a astonishing product....The sound is more spacious and big 3D !!!

So I have bought a second and received it today...
I connect it in my CD player : Esoteric K-03XS...
I don't recognize my CD player...Now the sound is a better sound I hope...

I will buy other for my other products.

Hope this help.

Hope if you are agree or not...
Hallo, any further thoughts on the devices? Are you still happy with them? I have just ordered two Furutech Flux 50 NCF and will be happy to share the experience as soon as I get them, although I hear they take an awful lot of time to break in. All the best from Poland !

LeBlanc

Aug 14, 2019
The Netherlands
I have two of them. Have been using them on my digital components (DAC and streamer) for a while. Recently put one of them on my Furutech TP609 NCF power distributor as a test and this made a huge change. So my guess is the SQ of analogue components is also affected by the Flux.

Piotr_905

VIP/Donor
Oct 28, 2020
I have two of them. Have been using them on my digital components (DAC and streamer) for a while. Recently put one of them on my Furutech TP609 NCF power distributor as a test and this made a huge change. So my guess is the SQ of analogue components is also affected by the Flux.
Thank you so much, I espeically appreciate the comment about the Furutech TP609 because I have exactly the same power strip! I have the Furutech TP609 with Furutech DPS 4.1 power cord feeding it from a Furutech rhodium NCF outlet, but my CD player and tube amplifier use Oyaide power cords (I like them, I use them because that's all I could afford at one point), and now I thought: "Well. I can't really buy super expensive power cords for the CD player or the amp, but perhaps I can make my Oyoaide cords sing with the Furutuech filters :) I have now ordered two Flux-50 filters, for Oyaide power cords for CD player and amp, but now I'm thinking, perhaps, if I only have two Flux-50s, perhaps one should go for the DPS 4.1 feeding the TP609 :)

Last edited:

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Hallo, any further thoughts on the devices? Are you still happy with them? I have just ordered two Furutech Flux 50 NCF and will be happy to share the experience as soon as I get them, although I hear they take an awful lot of time to break in. All the best from Poland !
Yes, I have 4 Flux 50 NCF...Buy it, you keep it...

Piotr_905

VIP/Donor
Oct 28, 2020
I was just wondering, what kind of cords do you guys put the Flux-50 on? In Poland here, few people buy it (the distributor doesn't have it in stock and advises against using it), probably believing that it's better to invest in a better power cord rather adding the filtre to an exisiting cord. But then, it's a question of beliefs rather than experience. The thing is, looking at the price of the device, would it be better to spend money on a power cord upgrade, or is it better to use the money to buy the Flux-50 on a less expensive power cord? Of course, I will be happy to contribute to the discussion as soon as I receive my Flux-50 filters.. For the time being, I'm looking forward to the Flux-50 as a sort of upgrade on my Oyaoide power chords... I believe it's the FI50 plugs that may considerably contribute to making people happy..

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Je me demandais simplement, sur quel genre de cordons mettez-vous le Flux-50? En Pologne ici, peu de gens l'achètent (le distributeur ne l'a pas en stock et déconseille de l'utiliser), pensant probablement qu'il vaut mieux investir dans un meilleur cordon d'alimentation plutôt qu'en ajoutant le filtre à un cordon existant. Mais alors, c'est une question de croyances plutôt que d'expérience. Le fait est, en regardant le prix de l'appareil, serait-il préférable de dépenser de l'argent pour une mise à niveau du cordon d'alimentation, ou vaut-il mieux utiliser cet argent pour acheter le Flux-50 sur un cordon d'alimentation moins cher? Bien sûr, je serai heureux de contribuer à la discussion dès que je recevrai mes filtres Flux-50. Pour le moment, j'attends avec impatience le Flux-50 comme une sorte de mise à niveau sur mes power chords Oyaoide. .. Je le crois'
Never buy a Furutech Flux 50 NCF...you will buy one for each component....

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Alors, vous êtes déçu?
Désolé.
But in mt system, I have now the sound in 3 dimensions.

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
The thing is, looking at the price of the device, would it be better to spend money on a power cord upgrade, or is it better to use the money to buy the Flux-50 on a less expensive power cord?
You raise the right question. I decided to go for the top NCF nanoflux power cables. They are hideously expensive but worth it. The reason is that these cables are more than the sum of their parts. But again, they are expensive. They are never offered on the second hand market which is saying a lot. Enjoy our mutual hobby :)

Reactions: Piotr_905

Piotr_905

VIP/Donor
Oct 28, 2020
Nirodha, I followed your advice and got a Furutech powerflux cable, but in the previous edition without NCF, because I had an opportunity of buying a pre-owned cord from a friend at 1/3 price. I'm so happy with what it does to my amplifier :) I guess the NCF version is better still, I may get it in the future when it appears on the market of pre-owned cables. Meanwhile my powerflux is connected to my tube amplifier via the Furutech Flux-50 NCF filter, so I hope it benefits a little from the NCF technology.

Also I feel I need to update you on my initial concerns regarding Flux-50. After it's been in my system for some 100 hours, the sound has improved so much! Now I believe this is really an amazing product. I confirm other people's opinion about the 3D sound, but also the filter civilises the sound so much while uncovering heaps of details at the same time.
I wrote to Furutech asking them about the burn-in period for the Flux-50 NCF and I was told it is 80 hours. I guess this is the minimum they quote for the filter to work properly but I suppose the magic rolls in after 500-800 hours, as was the case with other FI-50 products I have (for example, I use their TP-609 NCF power distributor and a DPS-4.1 cord with FI-50 NCF connectors feeding my Metronome CD player - they took ages to show their full potential).
BTW, I wonder why some manufacturers avoid admitting openly what the full burn-in period is... Perhaps it is because in many cases customers will not notice the burn-in ;) but, seriously, probably because that might have raised some concerns in marketing minds ;) Think about it - you pay a high price for a pair of shoes, but they will feel comfortable next year ;)
Anyways, I can now recommend the Flux-50 NCF filter in all honesty. You just need to be patient, as Douglas said on another forum. "Patience is a virtue" should in fact be Furutech's slogan :)

All the best to everybody from Poland :)

Last edited:
Reactions: nirodha

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Nirodha, I followed your advice and got a Furutech powerflux cable, but in the previous edition without NCF, because I had an opportunity of buying a pre-owned cord from a friend at 1/3 price. I'm so happy with what it does to my amplifier :) I guess the NCF version is better still, I may get it in the future when it appears on the market of pre-owned cables. Meanwhile my powerflux is connected to my tube amplifier via the Furutech Flux-50 NCF filter, so I hope it benefits a little from the NCF technology.

Also I feel I need to update you on my initial concerns regarding Flux-50. After it's been in my system for some 100 hours, the sound has improved so much! Now I believe this is really an amazing product. I confirm other people's opinion about the 3D sound, but also the filter civilises the sound so much while uncovering heaps of details at the same time.
I wrote to Furutech asking them about the burn-in period for the Flux-50 NCF and I was told it is 80 hours. I guess this is the minimum they quote for the filter to work properly but I suppose the magic rolls in after 500-800 hours, as was the case with other FI-50 products I have (for example, I use their TP-609 NCF power distributor and a DPS-4.1 cord with FI-50 NCF connectors feeding my Metronome CD player - they took ages to show their full potential).
BTW, I wonder why some manufacturers avoid admitting openly what the full burn-in period is... Perhaps it is because in many cases customers will not notice the burn-in ;) but, seriously, probably because that might have raised some concerns in marketing minds ;) Think about it - you pay a high price for a pair of shoes, but they will feel comfortable next year ;)
Anyways, I can now recommend the Flux-50 NCF filter in all honesty. You just need to be patient, as Douglas said on another forum. "Patience is a virtue" should in fact be Furutech's slogan :)

All the best to everybody from Poland :)
Hi there, the cynic in me thinks that especially cable manufacturers don't want to talk about burn-in time: most people are impatient > most people don't give cables time to burn-in fully> most people sell their cables disappointed > new cables will have to be bought haha. But seriously, Furutech is awesome when it comes to high-end cabling / terminations / power distributors. The Pure Power 6E NCF power distributor is beyond words. I had it in my system for a week (on lend) again and I will buy it in April, together with some NCF nanoflux power cables. I can imagine how splendid the Flux-50 NCF performs. Enjoy!

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
I have connected my Furutech Flux 50 NCF, I listen immediately the difference...no burn-in..

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing