Furutech NCF FI-50M power-plug revised/improved!

Maril555

Jun 26, 2014
BTW,
I had Fi-11 Copper AC and FI-11 IEC on my Avantgarde powered subwoofer section and then decided to try more expensive Oyaide P/C -004 Armored combo- killed the musicality and had to reverse back to FI-11, much better.

Reactions: marty

Mabutu

Mar 20, 2019
Yes, the crimp sleeves do impair sound quality and you can easily pick up a hydraulic crimping tool like mine in photo below off amazon / ebay.
thanks for that

i tried other crimping tools and i found the one you mentioned was best and i used the 8 AWG dies for the Furutech FP-209 spades

here is a link explaining how the WERA torque screw driver works .

my power cable is from Acrolink - it has slightly thicker copper conductors than both Oyaide and Furutech . 50 strands per conductor as opposed to about 69 strands , from memory , for the other brands IMG_2690.jpg IMG_2723.jpg IMG_2725.jpg IMG_2724.jpg IMG_2693.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocoa

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Whilst I am utilising FI-50 R NCF on my pre and power mono-blocks I spent more time than was sane trying a wide range of Furutech and Oyaide IEC’s on my main source equipment before I finally settled on the :

IeGO 8095BK Hi Purity Solid Silver IEC​

D8486EAE-D854-49DE-910B-149FCE1A7A6A.jpeg

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Whilst I am utilising FI-50 R NCF on my pre and power mono-blocks I spent more time than was sane trying a wide range of Furutech and Oyaide IEC’s on my main source equipment before I finally settled on the :

IeGO 8095BK Hi Purity Solid Silver IEC​

View attachment 82482

I have considered their products in the past but could not understand why a 8095BK US mains plugs costs euro 150 and the equivalent Shuko mains plug costs euro 350!

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
I have considered their products in the past but could not understand why a 8095BK US mains plugs costs euro 150 and the equivalent Shuko mains plug costs euro 350!
A mystery there Micro ! Are we confusing IEC male chassis plug with mains socket Shuko plug ?
For my part I am running the male IEC 8095BK with an Furutech FI-E38 (R) on the other end , I found the solid hi purity silver IeGO provided a very smooth yet highly resolved presentation from my CDP ( remember them LoL) I am looking at replacing the FI-E38’s
with IeGo Ti2420BK Pure Silver Schuko Plugs

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
A mystery there Micro ! Are we confusing IEC male chassis plug with mains socket Shuko plug ?
For my part I am running the male IEC 8095BK with an Furutech FI-E38 (R) on the other end , I found the solid hi purity silver IeGO provided a very smooth yet highly resolved presentation from my CDP ( remember them LoL) I am looking at replacing the FI-E38’s
You should also consider the copper colour solid silver IEC and plugs @ $ 80 each in the U.S version. They also do a beryllium copper version too .

Reactions: Argonaut

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
One point to look out for with IEGO plugs is that they use the wattgate style of wire mounting clamps which is more limited on the gauge size that can be inserted than with the oyaide and furutech plugs.

Reactions: Argonaut

Nicktube

Dec 14, 2021
I’m want to make a powercord for my streamer of a piece AN Isis mainscable which sounding natural, harmonic and liquid. I tried the Furutech fi50 (R) and the (R) NCF, but I find music sound less authentic but more important I would better Prat, transient attack and more warmth/timbre.

I absolutely love the smooth and natural sound of good silver! I have read the Iego pure silver plugs sound smooth and maintain transient attack and sound very open.

But I’m curious if the Iego pure silver plugs have more warmth than both fi-50 plugs mentioned above?

If not I was thinking to at a 8085 gold plated plug on one end for more warmth. Do you have an idea if perhaps the male schuko has more influence on the characteristics than the female iec or is it more like 50 - 50%?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing